Saangyong Actyon

Curious if anyone has driven or knows anything much about this car first hand? It's a pretty different looking but of kit. I saw one for the first time the other day. Other than perhaps a bit of a small boot, it seemed pretty nice, certainly not average, for what that might be worth.

Any first hand experience?

Thank,

Dr. B

post-13310-1177994482_thumb.jpg

post-13310-1177994494_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I disagree with the two previous posts, I think Ssangyong are a reputable company, I know earlier versions had DaimlerBenz mechanicals, not sure about the latest models. Also, I applaud Ssangyong for trying to be a bit different style wise, and I for one will contemplate a Ssangyong at my next trade time. So tired of Toyota design, too safe, and I personally think the Vigo a terrible design attempt, but being a Toyota of course it will be a success. Much prefer the avant garde style of the new Mitsu Triton, also the older style of the current Isuzu/Chev pick up.

I had a SsangYong Stavic for a while (until my driver totaled it!)

It was definitely not, euuuh, stylish! It was however a very nicely driving vehicle!

It also has a lot of attraction, purely due to the uniqueness, and strangely, the normally quite difficult Thai customers seem to like the SsangYong brands quite a lot....

Pretty good mechanics, they already had their own engine, the gearbox was still Mercedes sourced.

Good service centers, and as my (now ex :o ) driver can attest, they are very safe to crash as well. He went straight into a concrete foot of a bridge at 80 km/h and survived with just some bruises on hos belly from the airbag impact...