RIP Bernard Trink

Ombra

So sad, so sad but he lived life to the fullest.  He was a colorful character and Oh Yes, I have seen him in a few places, mostly in the old haunts, Black Swan on Soi 19, Hanrahans Irish Pub, Stumble Inn and Bird Dogs Soi 4, (to watch the nightly parade) O’Malleys Irish Pub on Silom, and surely Cheap Charlies and the Australian Bar on Soi 11 on Sunday for the “Roast”.   He was loud, funny as hell, and a good story teller.  Most of all he liked to talk to people.     If I was there I’d stop everything to go to the funeral.

RIP Bernard. TIT

Edited by TunnelRat69

I used to enjoy reading his columns when I first visited Thailand in the eighties.

Knew there was a "falling out" between him and the Post but never really knew the details.

17 hours ago, VBF said:

I used to enjoy reading his columns when I first visited Thailand in the eighties.

Knew there was a "falling out" between him and the Post but never really knew the details.

Far as I know, the post just decided that it was "below" them to include a column about prostitution in their rag. Trink didn't write about prostitution per se, but everyone knew that was what the scene was about.

They reduced the size of the column, then ditched him altogether. A sad day for real men.

• Thanks 1