Getting Borred In "fun-city" -

vertigo4u

Unbelievalble - but true : I am getting more and more borred in my daily Routine with my Live here in Pattaya.

Having a nice Girlfriend keeps me out of the Bars, doing some Sport every Day to keep me fit - reading Books, Internet and watching TV - that´s it?

Maybe somebody has a Suggestion, where and how I could spend some Hours a Day in a more usefull Way here in Pattaya?

Come out to an unofficial TV piss up on Friday night, help out Father Ray on Saturday with his street kids, come to an expat meeting on Sunday morning at the Grande Sole Hotel, take some Thai lessons a couple times a week, play a round of golf on Tuesday (we leave from Tropical Bert's), join a bowling league and bowl once a week. This is just a few of the things you can do. Come to Tropical Bert's this Friday at 7pm and you could talk to a few TV members about what they do. This place is anything but boring.

The dirty truth about Pattaya finally comes out! Except for fights with local farang business owners, its boring! Don't tell the press.

Would a village out in rural Thailand have more things to do than Pattaya ? I doubt it very much.

Pattaya has opportunities to do almost anything you wish . It just takes getting out of heavy drinking,and then you will have the energy and time to do many different things .

The dirty truth about Pattaya finally comes out! Except for fights with local farang business owners, its boring! Don't tell the press.

Would a village out in rural Thailand have more things to do than Pattaya ? I doubt it very much.

Pattaya has opportunities to do almost anything you wish .[b] It just takes getting out of heavy drinking,and then you will have the energy and time to do many different things [/b].

thats where i'm going wrong.

If you move from Pattaya to Issaan you will really know what the word BORING means :o I find I am going out of my mind with nothing to do after 3 to 4 weeks up here & have to get back to Pattaya/Bangkok to regain my sanity!!!

Pattaya has many faults but there are plenty of activities for expats to take part in as other posters have said.

RC Airplanes, after 10 years here I also started to get a little bored with the same thing week in week out.. started flying RC planes just after Christmas and have met some great guys Thai and farrang real fun bunch, the sport is a lot bigger here than I had realized..

Sounds nerdy.. I guess it is but you don't have to be a nerd to enjoy it :o

Great way to spend the weekends, few beers down at the flying field and see if you can get home without crashing your plane.

Unbelievalble - but true : I am getting more and more borred in my daily Routine with my Live here in Pattaya.

Having a nice Girlfriend keeps me out of the Bars, doing some Sport every Day to keep me fit - reading Books, Internet and watching TV - that´s it?

Maybe somebody has a Suggestion, where and how I could spend some Hours a Day in a more usefull Way here in Pattaya?

Charities would love to have your few hours a day.

Speak with Fred & Dianne Doell who do great work with street kids, in the slums, and at the jail. Tel 086 688 5867 or 038 300 612

Go see Sister Joan - an absolute gem - at Fountain of Life Center. Tel. 038 362 010

See Malcolm or Christina who run the Charity Club of Pattaya. Tel 089 744 1040.

Then there's lots of clubs and activities- bridge, bowling, darts, horseback riding, yoga, tennis, softball, lawn bowling, quiz nights, hash house harriers, aqua aerobics, and, of course, golf!

Enjoy!

If you move from Pattaya to Issaan you will really know what the word BORING means :o I find I am going out of my mind with nothing to do after 3 to 4 weeks up here & have to get back to Pattaya/Bangkok to regain my sanity!!!

Pattaya has many faults but there are plenty of activities for expats to take part in as other posters have said.

You and the OP both have my sympathy

2 Nights at the inlaws is all i can do,. early nights, early mornings, cold showers, niosy ,smoky ,cockerels, dogs, no one from the same planet, nah come back ,all is forgiven !

If you move from Pattaya to Issaan you will really know what the word BORING means :D I find I am going out of my mind with nothing to do after 3 to 4 weeks up here & have to get back to Pattaya/Bangkok to regain my sanity!!!

I know exactly what your on about there, Pattaya looks a whole lot better after 3 weeks in Issan. :o

If you move from Pattaya to Issaan you will really know what the word BORING means :D I find I am going out of my mind with nothing to do after 3 to 4 weeks up here & have to get back to Pattaya/Bangkok to regain my sanity!!!

I know exactly what your on about there, Pattaya looks a whole lot better after 3 weeks in Issan. :D

...and we told you to take enough books with you! :o

as for the OP...I can hardly imagine getting bored in Pattaya. I can hardly imagine a place with more leisure activities on offer than Pattaya.....ok, we're still missing the opera house and dog sledge racing....but apart from that....

Take up the Martial Art of Taekwondo. I recommend Jean Pierre Berrie. He has a studio behind Big C in Pattaya. The Big C next to the soapies. You will see his sign to the left of Big C. if you are facing Big C from the opposite side of the street. The Studio is on the street behind Big C to the left. Master Berrie was once on the French Olympic Taekwondo Team. He is also a very nice person. He is married to a Thai lady.

Edited by philliphn

I think evenif Aliens landed in Pattaya they wouldn't get bored, but if they miss the mark and drop in Isaan they would feel just like we do, Aliens :o

Edited by bazmlb

2 Nights at the inlaws is all i can do,. early nights, early mornings, cold showers, niosy ,smoky ,cockerels, dogs, no one from the same planet, nah come back ,all is forgiven !

Same same for me even though the countryside is beautiful around Pakchong and the inlaws hospitable. I keep a small apt. in Bangkok, spend some time in Jomtien. I think variety is the thing. Have friends in both places.

go and do some volunteer work at an orphanage.

this might be a reasonalbe Idee - any Informations about Orphanages in Pattaya?

Cheers

try www.pattayaorphanage.org.uk

I am a fund raiser for them, they do a great job in Pattaya