Toyota Altis 1.6 E CNG 2015-2017 Issues

Banana7

Does anyone have any experience with a Toyota Altis 1.6 E CNG 2015-2017? Are these a reliable vehicle? Can the vehicle use any LPG or CNG, or NGV gas ? Any known issues or concerns? Is it truly more economical to use CNG rather than gasoline? Do the engines last as long as a gasoline engine?

NGV means Natural Gas Vehicle. They use CNG , Compressed Natural Gas. They cant use LPG , Liquid Petroleum Gas. Different gas , different fittings. NGV,s are cheaper to run per liter / KG of fuel , but they  use 10%/15% more fuel per KM. Money saving will be small and slow. Make sure there is a NGV filing station close to you , and be prepared to queue as filling can be slow. CNG engines run hotter than petrol engines , so ensure your cooling system is in very good order. Petronas sell a specific NGV engine oil.

• Thanks 1

Are you thinking of buying one? 

I think virtually CNG Toyota Altis, so I would be careful, you do not want to buy a taxy with a fresh coat of paint. 

Thant said, as there are so many of them, parts and service and cheap and readily available, they are reliable and I believe they are significantly cheaper to operate that petrol versions. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Are you thinking of buying one? 

I think virtually CNG Toyota Altis, so I would be careful, you do not want to buy a taxy with a fresh coat of paint. 

Thant said, as there are so many of them, parts and service and cheap and readily available, they are reliable and I believe they are significantly cheaper to operate that petrol versions. 

Yep, check out the upholstery for taxi use....

• Thanks 1