Changing tire without damaging rim?

jmansilla

Hello I just bought  a new Yamaha MT-15 and got my second screw/nail in my tire most likely from some new construction near my home and want to either do a proper repair with a patch on the inside or put a new tire in hopes of not being stranded if the tire repair fails which the first one is already leaking. Where do you take yours? Everything was closed today and I don't remember seeing any proper equipment at either the Yamaha or Honda dealer and the tire is so stiff I can't see how I could get it off without moving the tire bead to the center of the inside of the rim to give enough room to use tire bar/spoons to do it myself, I have done car tires but was able to get the bead offset to give room to get it on the rim. I was able to squeeze the sidewalls together with a big C clamp so maybe that is the best option, just buy a bunch and try it myself. I have also seen videos using zip ties to keep the new tire squeezed together to put it on but getting the existing tire off is the current dilemma.