Webside - Translation ?

bushmill

I like all this information i get here but is there an Free programm which translates a whole website from Thai in english simular you have babelfish, google or others ??? Because these programms are not translating Thai

Thanks

Nope... There is nothing like that at this stage. The best online tool to use at present is www.thai2english.com . It does not translate the Thai text into perfect English sentences, rather it takes the Thai text apart and gives translations for words and phrases.

For the tool to be truly useful, you need to understand the basics of Thai grammar, otherwise it will only give a vague idea. However, those machine translation tools I have seen (similar to Babelfish and Google translate) make a complete mess out of Thai texts, and you will be hard pressed to understand anything. With thai2english you have the opportunity to guess and analyze yourself, and a human mind is generally much more efficient at finding and interpreting context than a computer program.

There used to be an online English-Thai machine translation tool on the net, Suparsit I believe it was called. Not sure what happened to it. Either way, it was not all that effective.