HOW LONG TIME DO YOU HAVE TO WAIT ABROAD to come back to Thailand, AFTER YOU ARRIVE WITH A MARRIAGE VISA.

Hi,  I've heard some married  foreigners  with a Thai wife,  Have  been waiting abroad  to come back to Thailand.  They do have marriage visas.

But the problem was they can't take any flight to Thailand. They have to take the flight which Thai Embassy tells them.  And sometimes it can take months to come back to Thailand  because you have to stay in que.   

Is that correct?  

That means even if you have a marriage visa YOU CAN NOT  take a trip out of Thailand and come back in a week. Of course you have to stay at quarantine first.

I hope somebody has experience about that.

Thanks

why would you want to go out for a week knowing its expensive and difficult to re-enter Thailand, some normal flights can be booked but the Thai embassy in your country would have to issue a COE, 

Edited by steve187

You chose and book your own flight,  There are a few airlines other than Thai Airways flying to BKK. Thai Airways is just doing repatriation flights. You also book the ASQ-hotel yourself. You don't have to wait very long until you get your CoE compared to earlier because of several more airlines. If married or have thai kids or (on an O-A Visa/extension) you can apply for the CoE. But you also need a $100,000 covid-19 insurance. If you get here, and goes back home again, you'll have to start all over again to get back in incl another 14 nights quarantine. You can check the requirements at the Thai Embassy in your country.

Edited by Max69xl

21 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You chose and book your own flight,  There are a few airlines other than Thai Airways flying to BKK. Thai Airways is just doing repatriation flights.

That depends upon the country where a person is traveling from. Some do not have those other flights you mentioned available.

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That depends upon the country where a person is traveling from. Some do not have those other flights you mentioned available.

That's correct. I was talking in general. OP like many other posters don't mention where he comes from. It's nothing wrong with his english, so I don't think he's from an east European country. He sounds like he comes from the UK. But, who knows? ????

I am applying for a marriage visa this week.  My boy is 9 months and I am hoping everything goes smoothly.  Looks like there are plenty of flights but lots are cancelled so research needed. (From UK)

Edited by smi11ie