Anyone had issues with Roojai?

TobiasML

Hi. I am currently running into some issues with Roojai.

Does someone had similar experience and/or a contact from somebody in the higher management.

Basically I claim an not at fault accident and had to go to one of their service garages. Sadly this garage screwed up and left paint spots all over my car.

Now a lot of parts need to be changed due to cannot be painted or repaired.

Roojai is only answering e-mails after numerous follow ups and give me the run around with meetings and further inspections of the car.

Before I signed up with them I only heard good things, but apparently there is always the one in a million.

it seems to me that Roojai isn't responsible for this.

the garage is at fault - I wonder if they are insured?

who is the garage's client? is it you and Roojai foots the repair bill, or is it Roojai directly, i.e. the garage invoices Roojai directly?

Before I insured with Roojai, I had a repair done under AXA's first class insurance where I had the 'dealer garage' option and thus a higher premium. A total of three body parts needed to be replaced, wing, headlight and front bumper but like most 'dealer garage' repairs, these repairs were not done at the dealership. The 'dealer garage' is a third party garage that the dealership and insurance company approves. However, they should use new replacement parts from the dealership.

On inspection of the car the day before delivery, they pointed out that they had used the wrong headlight (different interior trim) as a replacement but would have the proper one installed after they received it from the dealership. However, although they did replace the headlight with the correct style one the following day, it was not new. I pointed this out and they said that the dealership didn't have a new one in stock in time so had used a salvaged one. They said if I brought the truck back the following week, they would have the new headlight and install it, a 1-hour job. I agreed, they completed this repair and I signed-off on the job.

About a month later, I was replacing the original fog lights with LED types and that's when I discovered that the 'new' composite front bumper was also not new. This one had originally been red-painted, my truck is white and new panels come with only base primer, not the final paint cover. It appeared that this had also been salvaged from another vehicle. The only part that was new from the dealership was the wing panel.

As I had already accepted the repairs, I reported my experience and findings to AXA. I included my opinion that if I had not pointed out the used headlight, they would not have said anything. I never received an acknowledgement but after talking with some people in the business, the "dealer garage" is most likely the same facility as the "any garage" and depending on that repair shop, their relationship with the dealership and most importantly, the oversight by the customer, there's no 100% guarantee that new parts will be used.

I subsequently switched to roojai these past two years and haven't had the need to make a claim. However, I am under no illusion that if I do, I will need to agree to what parts need replacement and watch the repairs like a hawk.

caveat emptor

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, tgw said:

who is the garage's client? is it you and Roojai foots the repair bill, or is it Roojai directly, i.e. the garage invoices Roojai directly?

Agreed, the repair garage is responsible; see my previous post.

However, roojai should be involved, especially if the car is still in the shop and the OP hasn't accepted the repair as complete.

Is your insurance policy directly from Roojai?

I have a motorbike insurance through Roojai, but the actual policy is issued by LMG.

When i informed Roojai about an accident, they told me that LMG will call me back, which they did within a few minutes. After this i never talked with Roojai again. LMG handled everything well, no complaints.

The LMG agent met me at the dealership, we were joined by a mechanic, all together inspected the bike and made a list which parts needed to be replaced. The dealership ordered the parts as written on the list, and once they arrived they replaced them.

In your case it sounds like the problem is the garage and not so much the insurance.

The big question is how this works juristically. You had an accident, and the garage fixed it. But at the same time the garage damaged other parts. It could be that you would have to make a second insurance claim for the damage done by the garage, because the source of the damage is a different one to your initial accident.

Maybe he can help: @Roojai

On 10/21/2020 at 6:56 PM, tgw said:

Roojai is responsible. It is a contractor of Roojai and they agreed the price and pay him directly. No involvement of mine and no say if I wanted to go there or not.

On 10/21/2020 at 7:57 PM, NanLaew said:

Agreed, the repair garage is responsible; see my previous post.

However, roojai should be involved, especially if the car is still in the shop and the OP hasn't accepted the repair as complete.

The issue is not the repair itself. The repair was done quite well and I signed off on it. The issue was, that the garage tried to cover up the paint on the black plastic parts of my car. Anyway, I got a hold of a Manager at Roojai and hopefully it is getting solved now.