Dtac Introduces Mobile Email Service

george

DTAC introduces mobile email service

BANGKOK: -- Total Access Communication (DTAC) has introduced a "PushMail" service for individual subscribers who want to keep in touch with mail messages while on the go.

Once a new email is sent into a customer's account, the service will send the topic of the email and the sender's to his mobile phone. If he wants to read it, he can click on the attached link to access his email account via DTAC's high-speed cellular network.

The service currently supports Hotmail, Yahoo and Gmail. A mobile phone user can use the service for one email account.

-- The Nation 2007-05-02

This one is actually very good. My Yahoo mails pops up on the mobile and I can see the first part of it. Click on link to see rest of e-mail. Of course, you have to go to a PC to check out the full monty.

wap.dtac.co.th

click on the push-mail advertising and then select english.

In the US where in some cases it doesn't cost to receive SMS I've been doing this for donkey's years. I've had scripts that process the mail as it's delivered to my server and "email" my telephone both the subject etc plus chunk up the actual message across several messages.

Pretty useless if you also have to have a GPRS connection for this.

I could do the same thing here in Thailand but with prepaid I think it still costs to receive SMS so it's not a cost effective solution here but the push nature of it is very nice.

BANGKOK: -- Total Access Communication (DTAC) has introduced a "PushMail" service for individual subscribers who want to keep in touch with mail messages while on the go.

Once a new email is sent into a customer's account, the service will send the topic of the email and the sender's to his mobile phone. If he wants to read it, he can click on the attached link to access his email account via DTAC's high-speed cellular network.

The service currently supports Hotmail, Yahoo and Gmail. A mobile phone user can use the service for one email account.

-- The Nation 2007-05-02

If you could receive for free or pay for a package and email the device via #@dtac.co.th etc... then it would be useful since then you can forward what you want to your phone. but it looks like this is ill conceived if it only supports the public mail services like gmail etc.

-- The Nation 2007-05-02

I've been paying 350 thb per month for 100 hours on AIS prepaid and it's been working out quite well I have to say.

GPRS works out way more expensive. 30baht a month fixed fee as opposed to a per byte/minute cost....my missus regularly passes 1500 baht per month, and that's just mailing me, or me mailing her phone....

GPRS works out way more expensive. 30baht a month fixed fee as opposed to a per byte/minute cost....my missus regularly passes 1500 baht, and that's just mailing me, or me mailing her phone....