Documents Required In Support of 60 Day Extension

I was browsing the forum to make sure I had all my ducks in a row before my scheduled visit to immigration tomorrow but now I am feeling less confident than I was before I started looking! ????

Would some kind soul please indicate where I can find a list of documents to be submitted in support of a 60 day extension please. 

Is a valid Kor Ror 2 required for this round of IO visits? 

My personal circumstances are that I currently have the "paid for" extension that expires at the end of November but was told to apply for the next extension by the 31st October (ticket with the date and maybe an appointment number stapled into my passport) as November will be "very busy".

I assume if this extension is granted then it will run until the end of January?

Thank you so much for any help.

You don't have to apply for the extension before the 31st. I don't think it will be that busy in November.

A assume you are applying for your first 60 day extension to visit your wife since your last entry to the country.

Some offices want a recent printout of the Kor Ror 2 that can be requested at any Amphoe.

You will need your marriage certificate and a copy of if.  Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

You wife has to be with you when you apply.

You will also the need the standard copies of your passport pages.

Hi I've asked a few times, confused between amnesty 60 day and 60 day extension for wife which I did in September so that I have a stamp date for November 25th.

What I'm wondering is if I go to immigration before 31st will my visa be upgraded to start from November and end in December?

how does this amnesty 60 day work in relation to this wife extension, as I was told I'm only allowed to use it once.

I am wanting to extend for a year for wife have 400k in september but would like any extra time I can get. Thank you

14 hours ago, damascase said:

That is not the form that immigration has been using. I seen same form posted that came from an embassy to apparently apply for extension letter.

This is page title of this form some immigration offices have been using. 

image.png.fb55b0cee2d1a8ea0b0aed4c3978ef99.png

This is page one of the form. Sixty day extension affidavit.pdf The other side apparently has space for signatures and etc.

1 hour ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

Hi I've asked a few times, confused between amnesty 60 day and 60 day extension for wife which I did in September so that I have a stamp date for November 25th.

What I'm wondering is if I go to immigration before 31st will my visa be upgraded to start from November and end in December?

how does this amnesty 60 day work in relation to this wife extension, as I was told I'm only allowed to use it once.

I am wanting to extend for a year for wife have 400k in september but would like any extra time I can get. Thank you

They are not the same extension. The new 60 day extension is more or less the new amnesty immigration has adopted.

Not sure your extension to visit you wife can have the date changed. Some offices have done it and others have said ti does not qualify to start from November 30th.

You should be able to apply for the new 60 day extension near to when your current one to visit your wife ends.

51 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They are not the same extension. The new 60 day extension is more or less the new amnesty immigration has adopted.

Not sure your extension to visit you wife can have the date changed. Some offices have done it and others have said ti does not qualify to start from November 30th.

You should be able to apply for the new 60 day extension near to when your current one to visit your wife ends.

Thank you.

Yes thank you, I understand they're not the same, I actually had to sign the affidavit when doing my wife extension in September, which made it more confusing now. I'm wondering whether I could extend my wife's 60 day as I was told can only do this once espevially as I heard issues with embassy letters. Then I saw this note, all visas apply from 1st November on immigration website so I couldn't tell.

I might go in today and try to turn one of the battle-axes..

Hello gents, sorry if I was unclear.

My non immigrant O visa and the final 60 day extension to visit my wife and kid expired 27th March.

From then until now I have paid for the extensions that immigration has provided so have actually spent very little time relying on the visa amnesty.

After a visit to immigration on September 26th for a new 60 day extension I received the "under consideration" stamp taking me to 12 October. 

Went back on that date but the passports had not been sent back from BKK yet. I returned a week later and my passport was ready, complete with shiny new extension until 30 November.

What's baffling me is the little yellow piece of paper stapled along side the extension stamp. When I asked about it the officer said "you come back here,  November busy busy" while pointing at the small yellow interloper. Lovely guy terrible English. 

So I keep reading article after article to see if I really do need to return today which would be my fourth visit since September 26th. Do I really need to cart another Amazonian rainforest worth of paper over their today? 

Normally I would just do it but the last few days have been a little challenging and for some, as yet unidentified, reason I can barely put one foot in front of the other. 

I have included a picture of the relevant passport page. 

Thanks guy. 

IMG20201030122058.jpg

2 hours ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

Thank you.

Yes thank you, I understand they're not the same, I actually had to sign the affidavit when doing my wife extension in September, which made it more confusing now. I'm wondering whether I could extend my wife's 60 day as I was told can only do this once espevially as I heard issues with embassy letters. Then I saw this note, all visas apply from 1st November on immigration website so I couldn't tell.

I saw some guy at MTT in exactly your position spending a long time trying to convince the immigration officer to give him the extra 30 days but they just refused. You'll either get it or you won't depending on the office. I don't think you can "turn" them.

Edited by edwardandtubs

2 hours ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

Thank you.

As they have explicitly told you to return today, you'd be well advised to do just that.

1 hour ago, edwardandtubs said:

I saw some guy at MTT in exactly your position spending a long time trying to convince the immigration officer to give him the extra 30 days but they just refused. You'll either get it or you won't depending on the office. I don't think you can "turn" them.

If you say so.

Very relaxed in immigration today not many staff, many of the small group of people being refused, mostly medical and strange requests.

handed my passport

she looked at me, I smiled, and I think this was key.

She said update to december. I nodded. 

Now you might say that she wasn't turned around by such a handsome figure but it's just your opinion.

1 hour ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

If you say so.

Very relaxed in immigration today not many staff, many of the small group of people being refused, mostly medical and strange requests.

handed my passport

she looked at me, I smiled, and I think this was key.

She said update to december. I nodded. 

Now you might say that she wasn't turned around by such a handsome figure but it's just your opinion.

I think you're getting confused old boy. You got the 30th of December stamp because that's what you're entitled to, not because of your smile or any delusions you have about your good looks. I was talking about somebody who wanted an extra 30 days on top of that.