Ubon/sisaket To Angkor Wat

Nakrob

I've heard in recent years that the border between Thailand and Cambodia is to be opened in Sisaket province. If so does anyone know if its possible to travel from either Ubon or Sisaket to Angkor Wat by this route? What are roads like? Is the border crossing feasible for Thai and non Thai nationals? I'm trying to determine the feasibility of a trip in September this year. Someone previously told me of a tour operator from Ubon running this trip but I don't know if this is correct or not.

I've heard in recent years that the border between Thailand and Cambodia is to be opened in Sisaket province. If so does anyone know if its possible to travel from either Ubon or Sisaket to Angkor Wat by this route? What are roads like? Is the border crossing feasible for Thai and non Thai nationals? I'm trying to determine the feasibility of a trip in September this year. Someone previously told me of a tour operator from Ubon running this trip but I don't know if this is correct or not.

The border at Chong Sa Ngam, Phusing district of Sisaket is open, as is Chong Chom, 70kms south of Surin. My tour partner in Surin, Saren travel, is now using the Chong Sa ngam border as a cross over to Ankhar Wat, through Anglong Veng. This is also the proposed route of the new Thailand-Siem Riep highway.

Think this thread should help you........

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113430

Did the trip last month and it is a big time saver if you live in Isaan for getting into Cambo. No need to do it with a tour agency, unless you're very green at traveling. :o

Is the border at Chong Sa-ngam on road 221 going south from Sisaket to Cambodia ?

Think this thread should help you........

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113430

Did the trip last month and it is a big time saver if you live in Isaan for getting into Cambo. No need to do it with a tour agency, unless you're very green at traveling. :D

Is the border at Chong Sa-ngam on road 221 going south from Sisaket to Cambodia ?

Sounds about right Krub. Not sure of the road number, but think there's only one road from Sisaket to border, going through Phu Sing district. It's called Cho-am on the Cambodian side, nicely abbreviating the Thai.

The Thai side seems to be gearing up for a big town and market up there one day, but it looks like a case of "too much too soon" to me, and of course most of the valuable timber in the area has been ripped out. :o

NO! 221 is going from Sisaket through Kantharalak to Kha Phra Wihan!

Phusing and Chong Sangam are far more West. Follow 24 and look for sign to to Chong Sangam.

Phusing and Chong Sangam are far more West. Follow 24 and look for sign to to Chong Sangam.

Hi,

If I come from Khun Han, I drive north to road 24. I have to drive west and then south or east and then south ?

I have already driven west and then south but ended up at the border after Kap Cheong and I was looking for a closer border crossing.

Would it be road 220 from Sisaket further south of Khu Khan ?

Thanks

Hi,

If I come from Khun Han, I drive north to road 24. I have to drive west and then south or east and then south ?

I have already driven west and then south but ended up at the border after Kap Cheong and I was looking for a closer border crossing.

Thanks

From Khun Han, drive north to 24. Go west on 24 until sign say Chong Sangam. Then turn left and go south. You will pass sign/road to Phusing before coming to sign showing Chong Sangam.

Hi,

Thanks

From Khun Han, drive north to 24. Go west on 24 until sign say Chong Sangam. Then turn left and go south. You will pass sign/road to Phusing before coming to sign showing Chong Sangam.

Thanks very much Bergen, I will try to find it when next in LOS.

My interrest was mostly for the immigration office which is said to be located near the border and can do retirement extensions.

It would mean a much shorter trip to immigration from Khun Han than all the way to Kap Cheon.

Anybody have the phone number of the Phu Sing immigration office ? (it is not on the list...)

Edited by Krub