Questions on Roi Et

yosib157

We're thinking about making a move to Roi Et. Already been visiting for a few years, had great treatment from the Thonburi Hospital and generally like the feel of the town. It's also 200 km closer to the wife's family near Phanom Phrai than our current location.

We're due another visit there in a few weeks and would like any helpful suggestions on the following points.

Does anyone know if insulin 70/30 for diabetics can be bought over the counter or is it necessary to register with any of the local hospitals and buy from them?

Anyone know of house rentals? We saw one last year on Ronnachaicharnyut Road on the way to Le 23 Resort.  We passed there again last month and it appeared to be occupied but in a rather untidy state. I've searched the Internet inside out but found nothing.

Has the Roi Et expat monthly circular been restarted? I had a year's issues from the original editor then the new one sort of let it slip and I heard no more.

Anyway, I'd be very grateful if any kind resident can answer any or all of these questions either by pm or open forum.

Thanks in advance.

Insulin - sorry, no info.

Houses - I've seen a few dotted around on my travels though most seem to be advertised via word-of-mouth.  It might be worth checking out Facebook marketplace where there are 4-5 properties currently showing.

Newsletter - this fizzled out many months ago and has not been resurrected.

18 minutes ago, marty147 said:

Insulin - sorry, no info.

Houses - I've seen a few dotted around on my travels though most seem to be advertised via word-of-mouth.  It might be worth checking out Facebook marketplace where there are 4-5 properties currently showing.

Newsletter - this fizzled out many months ago and has not been resurrected.

Thanks for your response Marty. I had a quick look on Facebook but I got one Roi Et page showing a democracy salute followed by a write on the Skipper Garden Coffee place. No house rentals though.

I don't use Facebook a lot but if you saw a specific site with house could you please forward by pm. Thanks.

Shame about the newsletter.