Samuel L. Jackson says he doesn’t think he should be called a “legend”

snoop1130

Samuel L. Jackson says he doesn’t think he should be called a “legend”

By Elizabeth Aubrey

Samule-L-jackson-696x442.jpg

Samuel L. Jackson - Credit: Getty Images

Samuel L. Jackson says he doesn’t think he should be called a “legend”.

His comments came in a new interview with Entertainment Weekly in which the actor addressed receiving his Legend of Cinema Award at the SCAD Savannah Film Festival.

Jackson said: “Legends are people who accomplish things that can’t be accomplished by other people, or did something that’s super extraordinary.

“I just persevered through hard work and doggedness to get where I am,” he added.

Full Story: https://www.nme.com/news/film/samuel-l-jackson-says-he-doesnt-think-he-should-be-called-a-legend-2806562

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“Legends are people who accomplish things that can’t be accomplished by other people,”

In hindsight, who else could have possibly played the role of Jules Winnfield in ‘Pulp Fiction’.

By his own definition...he’s a legend.

• Like 2

I enjoy Jackson very much and he does add that zest to films. I appreciate his honesty that he is not a "legend". Seems he has his head on straight.

Cheapening of criteria in use of superlatives been going on for decades now. "Superstar" label slapped on some band with one hit out. "Hero" way over used. Too often applied to casualties who just happened to be in wrong place at wrong time. Victims is fine. 

So I'll keep watching and enjoying Jackson and appreciate him even more for his realistic self appraisal.