Pattaya: Foreigner steals gun from shooting range, fires at police from condo

webfact

Wait for the knee-jerk reaction. All foreigners to be banned from using gun ranges. 

From the ranges that I've seen, foreigners aren't always welcome unless they are accompanied by Thais known to the range. Presumably they expect the Thai(s) to vouch for them? The ones that allow just anyone with the money to wander in, rent a gun and ammo and bang away should be avoided; and should be much better regulated and managed. 

Edited by Baerboxer

39 minutes ago, The Farang said:

Yes you are against Americans based on your comments.  Your comments insinuate that Americans don't know about other cultures.  Didn't know how much people hated Americans until I lived overseas. Your comments reinforce that.

You're right! But he's a bit shy ... Americans are a kind of brainless people, There must be a really good master programmer/indoctrinator there .... and I know who(m). 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, The Farang said:

Yes you are against Americans based on your comments.  Your comments insinuate that Americans don't know about other cultures.  Didn't know how much people hated Americans until I lived overseas. Your comments reinforce that.

Until you lived overseas. A classic one. 

• Like 1

I bet the Austrians getting shot wish they had a 2nd amendment and CCW laws. Carry Concealed Weapon. These anti-American anti gun hypocrites are just that. They would be the first that wish they had a gun when someone attacked their wife, broke into their home, robbed their business. And these are world problem so dont spew <deleted> about how its only a US problem.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jake72 said:

Luckily he wasn't black or there'd be riots, burning and looting all local shops.

I think we should do some burning and looting to show them white lives matter.

Yes I  am being sarcastic as obviously we are not meant to think this way.

Guns creates the opportunity that people kill people.

Happy I did not lived in a country where it was so easy to get a gun, even legally, because I would have been in jail ...

At the other side having a gun to defend the constitution doesn't sound too bad.

So for world peace I would say "Americans, shoot eachothers head off". 

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

He should've browsed Thai visa before he visited.

I've always thought anyone coming to Pattaya--or Thailand for that matter, should read the book Private Dancer by Stephen Leather, before committing themselves to a life in Thailand. 

16 hours ago, robblok said:

Why am i not surprised that this gun crime was committed by an American. Anyway must be a mental case combined with brought up in a  culture that adores guns. Not sure what he thought he could do with 8 bullets.

Could have been from any country.   Obviously suicidal.   What is cooler? drinking yourself to death, jumping off your condo,  or killing yourself with a glock?   Tennis and sex are best for health.  

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, onebir said:

Quite a few Thais (and to some extent Filipinos)  post selfies posing with guns on their social media. (Which I also found suprising, not to mention a little odd.)

You cannot own a air gun even under 12 pounds.the thais do make there own in the villages.I lived in thailand and was going to buy a BSA and night site for ratting.They eat the rats.So how is there a gun and a range.If its a police range.were is the security.

19 hours ago, robblok said:

Why am i not surprised that this gun crime was committed by an American. Anyway must be a mental case combined with brought up in a  culture that adores guns. Not sure what he thought he could do with 8 bullets.

Why did the American cross the road?

answer

to get a better shot

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

and they let him on a firing range ? 

Pray tell, did they forget to ask him if he was a homicidal maniac? Did he forget to tell them? Did he not have "homicidal maniac" tattooed across his forehead? You have a bright future in law enforcement sonny, go for it. 

22 hours ago, robblok said:

While it's true that Americans have an insane fetish about guns, mental illness is (DUH!) not exclusive to that country. Nor is gun crime. Or any other form of violence (search ISIS and Taliban in wikipedia) How many gun violence stories from Thailand involve Americans? American involved gun crimes for the most part occur in America, so your entire premise is flawed. Meanwhile, as an American, I'm sure glad I live in Thailand for all of the above reasons. Cheers!

• Like 1

I remember going to a Thai amusement park place on one Thailand vacation maybe 20 years ago and shooting a few targets at a booth with a .22 rifle.  Some years later when I imported some Thai relatives to the U.S., I took them out to a farm and let them shoot a bit.  My youngest sis-in-law loved my Smith & Wesson 6" model 686 revolver.  She shot most of a box of 50 Winchester 140 grain Silvertip hollow-points, which are full power loads.  We also shot several hundred .22 rimfire rounds.  A good time was had by all.  Rednecks.

13 hours ago, Thomas Hannah said:

My first thought.Nothing baffles me in thailand.Its against the law to own a air rifle.All the years i visited and lived thailand.I did not know there are shooting ranges for the public.Or was this a police shooting range.

There are many places where a tourist can go fire weapons.

On 11/3/2020 at 1:40 AM, robblok said:

How is it B.S. when the US is the country with the a huge gun problem. Also on this board you will always have Americans moan on how to get guns. So yea I think my assessment was pretty accurate. Yes of course there are also anti gun Americans.  However you can't deny the gun culture in the US and the different mentality from the rest of the civilized on guns. 

I could give you a medal, a round of beer, more medals and even a reward for this post. 

There's a trophy like from me for a start.

2 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

While it's true that Americans have an insane fetish about guns, mental illness is (DUH!) not exclusive to that country. Nor is gun crime. Or any other form of violence (search ISIS and Taliban in wikipedia) How many gun violence stories from Thailand involve Americans? American involved gun crimes for the most part occur in America, so your entire premise is flawed. Meanwhile, as an American, I'm sure glad I live in Thailand for all of the above reasons. Cheers!

No my premise is not flawed i read foreigner in the title and of the foreigners the ones with the craziest gun culture are Americans. So that is not a strange argument to make. 

I would argue that someone with a mental health issue (that is the main thing here) would go for a gun faster if your from a culture of guns then when you are not used to them.