Pattaya: Foreigner steals gun from shooting range, fires at police from condo

webfact

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Why am i not surprised that this gun crime was committed by an American. Anyway must be a mental case combined with brought up in a  culture that adores guns. Not sure what he thought he could do with 8 bullets.

He was, probably, going to use the bullets to reload some empty cases. Lucky he wasn't able to steal full rounds of ammo from the range.

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

and they let him on a firing range ? 

My first thought.Nothing baffles me in thailand.Its against the law to own a air rifle.All the years i visited and lived thailand.I did not know there are shooting ranges for the public.Or was this a police shooting range.

That is sad. Your parents fly in to see you, are stuck in quarantine and then you go off yourself ?

Financial difficulties, domestic issues, drug issues. 

I've said it before. The song goes "One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble" and I add that "One night in Pattaya can make a soft man crumble" as it seems to happen quite often. Not usually with someone so young though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, robblok said:

How is it B.S. when the US is the country with the a huge gun problem. Also on this board you will always have Americans moan on how to get guns. So yea I think my assessment was pretty accurate. Yes of course there are also anti gun Americans.  However you can't deny the gun culture in the US and the different mentality from the rest of the civilized on guns. 

I am not an American but highly support the US relatively liberal gun laws. And now ?

What about the Dutch liberal drug regulations ? I am highly opposing them...

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wuvu2 said:

I remember similar incidents happening at least 5-6 times in Pattaya and Phuket.  So why doesn't Thailand require armed security guards at places where guns can be rented?

In those cases it was suicides at the fire ranges.No armed security coulld have prevented that.

5 minutes ago, Thomas Hannah said:

My first thought.Nothing baffles me in thailand.Its against the law to own a air rifle.All the years i visited and lived thailand.I did not know there are shooting ranges for the public.Or was this a police shooting range.

Plenty of fire ranges open to the public here.

Edited by Yahooka
Typo error............

18 minutes ago, Thomas Hannah said:

I did not know there are shooting ranges for the public.

Quite a few Thais (and to some extent Filipinos)  post selfies posing with guns on their social media. (Which I also found suprising, not to mention a little odd.)

How did he leave a gun range with a weapon and bullets ? I’m guessing he pointed it at the staff before leaving from the photo , but even then it’s a gun range ! Place full of guns and ammo and you would think the staff there would be pretty handy using them . ????

Guess if you want to use a range in future your weapon will have to be chained to floor and you will have a guy standing behind you with a shotgun incase you decide to turn around !

9 hours ago, sungod said:

Looking at that bottom photo of the 4, their seems as many guys in the corridor as there was on the balcony of the Iranian Embassy siege.

Stories to be told for years to come.........

Nothing else to do...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wuvu2 said:

I remember similar incidents happening at least 5-6 times in Pattaya and Phuket.  So why doesn't Thailand require armed security guards at places where guns can be rented?

AGAIN - Who will pay for it....

Sound like Pattaya was turned into Dodge city.

A lot of nutcases around in Thailand these corona times without money or drugs to keep them calm. 

Are we looking at more incidents like this in the near future?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, P100 said:

Again BS told by police. They found him dead? They did not shoot him dead? Just admit it !!!

Nothing make sense in this police report. As always...

They probably shot the gunslinger and then the journalist who was a witness to the murder. 

• Like 1