Problem with new shower water heater

bunnydrops

My old (10 year) shower electric water heater gave up. I bought a new one and it worked great for about two weeks and then one day after I had my shower I saw that the power light went off. I pushed the reset and then turned the breaker on and off and nothing. I left the breaker on and went to do something else. I come back later and the heater is back on. I turn the heating nob up without turning on the water and I can hear the water start to boil inside and then of course the unit shuts off. So  I have been having to be sure the water is turned on first. Now, it has started turning off during the a warm shower and I have to flick the breaker and it comes back on. I am sure that I have to replace it but am curious what the problem is?

Just now, lopburi3 said:

Flow control does not appear to be working - that should cut electric off when water is not flowing at a rate to avoid boiling.  Needs repair.

That is what I thought. I really have had very bad luck buying from Gobolhouse. I hope I have learned my lesson. I did buy my that 10 year old  Camarcio from them though????

17 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

That is what I thought. I really have had very bad luck buying from Gobolhouse. I hope I have learned my lesson. I did buy my that 10 year old  Camarcio from them though????

Not Global, but I've had returned defective items that have just been put back on the shelf to be re-sold. A staff member told me not to buy a particular item and showed me the mark that indicated it was a return. Another on the same shelf didn't have any marking and worked just fine.

Obviously, different stores will likely have different techniques but look for marker dots near the bar code, anything that doesn't look like it belongs is suss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1