Laptop Battery

chercheur888

I have a Acer Aspire 3 laptop that I bought 03/18 and which was manufactured 11/17

Since a few days it seems that the battery is gone. As I had laptops before for more than 4 -5 years I never had a problem with the battery.

Can it be normal that after less than 3 years usage the battery dies? Usually its always on power using battery only during power cuts and doing the shut down each evening.

Thank you

I have an Acer I bought in 2012. The laptop is always plugged in, so I mainly rely on the battery to work like a UPS during power outages. I use the laptop more like a desktop so it's on most of the day.

Have replaced the battery twice, so I'm getting around ~3 years usage.

How to care for your laptop’s battery and extend its life
Digital Trends | By Tyler Lacoma | October 27, 2020

If you want that it holds as long as possible charge it to about 70 percent (not full) and store it at a cool and dry place. Use it then only if you really need it. But even when taking care like this it will not hold forever but longer. Sadly at some newer Notebooks the battery cannot be removed so easily anymore. 

Three to four years is about it for a laptop battery, once it fails to charge fully (never gets to 100%) and discharges far too rapidly, it's time for a replacement. Don't know about Acers, but for my Dell laptops and for UPS battery replacements I've found Battery Depot to be very good, they sell through Lazada.

Have an Acer Aspire E15  ES-572G=78FO
Absolute rubbish.
Keyboard keys started to fail, battery failed within 3 years, only used at home.
Had so called "original" battery replaced by the shop I bought the computer from in KK, failed after one year as was NOT and original battery.

Back in the year dot I had a Packard Bell, 10 years old, traveled everywhere from country to country never failed only memory too small.
Daughter had a Toshiba 20 years ago, still going strong only problem with screen hinge.
I had Toshiba, used a lot for 4 years then battery failed, it crashed mother board, tempted to get new mother board as general layout for me excellent.

20 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

Absolute rubbish.
Keyboard keys started to fail, battery failed within 3 years, only used at home.
Had so called "original" battery replaced by the shop I bought the computer from in KK, failed after one year as was NOT and original battery.

Back in the year dot I had a Packard Bell, 10 years old, traveled everywhere from country to country never failed only memory too small.
Daughter had a Toshiba 20 years ago, still going strong only problem with screen hinge.
I had Toshiba, used a lot for 4 years then battery failed, it crashed mother board, tempted to get new mother board as general layout for me excellent.

Battery failure crashed Motherboard?? I don't think so. What are the symptoms? Lights on but no display? Try to be as detailed as is possible.

3 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Battery failure crashed Motherboard?? I don't think so. What are the symptoms? Lights on but no display? Try to be as detailed as is possible.

My comments are not a request for help only to mention what happened with earlier laptops I or my daughter had / have.

On 11/15/2020 at 6:02 AM, Speedo1968 said:

Absolute rubbish.

ACER's E ranges are the result of the purchase of eMachines; some of the cr@ppest and cheaply made laptops in existence. Parts would just fall off.

On 11/14/2020 at 11:51 AM, Eindhoven said:

I'm still using the original battery in my ACER laptop, from 2007. Only get around 30 minutes from it. Laptops didn't get much more than a couple of hours in those days anyway.

But 30 minutes and a couple of hours make the difference, Innit? 

BTW, most newer laptops don't make it longer than a few hours, It's a battery. 

If a Thai buys an Acer, I get it. But foreigners should be aware what <deleted> that is. It can't get any cheaper. 

Edited by teacherclaire