Extremely compromising siutation went unresolved

Deserted

Greetings and sincere apologies for posting this but I have to because I helped break up an incident on Sukhumvit last night. It got very out of hand and it took a lot of help from the bar staff. Unfortunately they rejected the claims made by the person that started it but he corrected them on their Thai which lead to much confusion. The manager and police were summonsed but I don't think anyone really caught the gist of it, or just thought he was lying, or perhaps didn't actually know what the word he kept using was, maybe it was a slang term the'y never heard of..

Unfortunately the topic is very sensitive and some would find it offensive but in short one bloke said something to another which made him go beserk, thankfully no serious injuries were sustained. When it calmed down I asked what it was that was said and then took a while to sort out, perhaps there is no actual word for this in thai but the guy who was offended was making his point. Children and those a bit sensitive should not read on here. So one guy said to the other that he works in what we call 'snuff movies', those highly illegal things that will get you many years in prison. But the person who was spoken to didn't seem to understand what he was saying and thought it was funny, perhaps he thought he was taking about regular adult movies, but then the other guy got a bit heated and must have explained what he wanted to because they went at it hell for leather, it took about 6 of us to stop them.

So, and I really don't like to ask this but I have to in case the police ask me if I heard it, do Thai's have a name for such movies . Maybe just adult movies with children in or something? Are there equivalent terms, and I don't mean stuff like 'nang sokapok' it seemed more higher then that and once the penny dropped that was some punch up it really was. If anyone knows of similar terms then I may be able to tell the police if I heard any of them. If it's the word I did hear then perhaps they will punish the one spreading gossip instead. I might be able to help enough to change matters as the bar owner is wanting 20,000 alone.

Sorry for the rather unpleasant nature of all this but there is a misunderstanding at some point but the police kept saying different things, I was a bitt lost, one thing is for sure it all got out of hand very quickly.

thanks

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

just answer honestly if/when questioned by the police.  you did not hear whatever the word was.

asking anonymous posters on the intertubes after the fact to provide suggestions for possible slang terms for a rare niche word used in a foreign language slurred by a drunk in a bar fight doesn't make for a credible eyewitness account.

Edited by ChouDoufu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1