pbrock

What I need:

* Thai word

* Pronunciation

* Tone (mai ek, tho, tri, chattawa)

* English translation

* teach new words

* test existing words

* ask those words which I have difficulties to remember more often (mnemonic learning similar to duolingo / memrise)

helpful bonus but not required:

* Romanized Transcription

* memes

I was using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joba.readthaifun but it was sometimes showing the wrong tone (confirmed by multiple native Thai speakers).

The memrise app is really cool but some courses available for Thai either don't show tones (Romanized Transcription without tones) or also show the wrong tones.

Duolingo would be amazing but no Thai courses exist.

Edited by pbrock

You could look at Lingopolo or Mondly. I don't know how good they are but quite a lot of people seem to use them.

Not what you asked but it doesn't take that long to learn to identify the tone from the Thai spelling. At point you'd be able to go back to Memrise.

Sometimes the tones are irregular, i.e. the written tone does not match the normal spoken tone. For those words, if you show the written tone then some will say you're wrong because that's not how the word is normally pronounced, whereas if you show the spoken tone then some will say you're wrong because it doesn't match the Thai spelling. That could be what's going on with one/both of these apps. Can you give some examples?