Advise needed on changing volunteer visa to non-b visa

Hello everyone, I obtained a non-O volunteer visa 3 months ago which is due to expire next month. I would like to change it back to a covid visa without a embassy letter. Is that possible? Have you come across a case where someone has a success story? 

You cannot change visa categories within the country.

You could apply for the new 60 day extension. No embassy letter is required. You complete a affidavit stating the reason you require the extension.

In reply to you topic title you could apply for a extension based upon working with you current non-o visa for working as a volunteer.

I obtained the volunteer visa from an agency when the amnesty was ending. I had no other option since I couldn't get my embassy to issue a letter for extension even then. Now I have a teaching job offer and read somewhere that processing non-b visa in within the country is possible.

51 minutes ago, NK2020 said:

Now I have a teaching job offer and read somewhere that processing non-b visa in within the country is possible.

Only if you have a visa exempt or tourist visa entry. You now have a non immigrant visa entry that can be used to apply for an extension of stay based upon teaching.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 11/18/2020 at 12:10 PM, ubonjoe said:

Only if you have a visa exempt or tourist visa entry. You now have a non immigrant visa entry that can be used to apply for an extension of stay based upon teaching.

If they know that the visa came from an agent (so no real volunteering went on), will they allow changing the extension?

41 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

If they know that the visa came from an agent (so no real volunteering went on), will they allow changing the extension?

Not sure how they would know that.

I am sure you are on extension now that will have to be canceled to apply for a new extension  based upon teaching.

All you can do is try.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...