245 Bhp Vigo 3.0 And 220 Bhp Triton 2.5

Modified Vigo from Torque-up. The total cost of the engine setup is 75000 B. Includes an engine management Power Box, Garrett M-24 turbo, intercooler, aluminum tubes, fittings etc and the setup itself.

The original intercooler will be removed from the top of the engine and replaced with a better cooling front mounted one.

You should also add a turbo boost gauge and a oiltemp gauge.

What you get with this kit is a powerful diesel engine giving 245 bhp and 540 NM of torque. Thats big torque and the torque will be in the range of a 500 bhp 4-cylinder and a 450 bhp 6-cylinder gasoline turbo engine.

A lot of value for money. No doubt you just bought yourself a new car with this kit.

The same is possible to do with 2.5 litre engines.

CIMG1540.jpg

CIMG1537-1.jpg

CIMG1509.jpg

CIMG1521.jpg

CIMG1526.jpg

CIMG1528.jpg

CIMG1529.jpg

For the Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 there is a similar kit from another manufacturer which gives you 240 bhp and 460 NM. Pretty much the same setup except they are using the Mega Fire engine management box (unlock the power) and a Mitsubishi TD-04 turbo.

CIMG1546.jpg

CIMG1550.jpg

CIMG1563.jpg

CIMG1555.jpg

CIMG1562.jpg

The toque increase is interesting..

Question: Would you know if something similar is possible for a Ford Range 2.5 Turbo? So it already has a turbo but it kicks in only at rather high revs... So it provides more than enough horsepower, but low end torque is terrible. So I'd me looking especially for a low-end torque increase, horsepowers don't do nuttin for me. :o

Also, what would such a mod do to fuel consumption?

How can the standard gearbox handle that much torque? 500nm is serious stuff.

Interesting stuff, but it's all done the opposite way from my tuning: suspension and brakes first, then power tuning later.... straight line power was so 40 years ago!

How can the standard gearbox handle that much torque? 500nm is serious stuff.

Interesting stuff, but it's all done the opposite way from my tuning: suspension and brakes first, then power tuning later.... straight line power was so 40 years ago!

like they say ,

anybody can go fast in a straight line , it's the corners that sort the men from the boys .......................

On the spec. above no mention was made of the exhaust system. Is it still 'catted'? Are a de-cat and pipework/ silencers included or do you have to sort that out yourself?

My tuning experience goes back a few years (RS2000, Dolly Sprint's anyone?) so I apologise if it's a stupid question.

[Only one way to go round a corner .... sideways!!]

• 2 months later...

do they have preformance kits for the 3.2gls triton auto gear box?

how much would the kit cost and how much hp/tq are you looking at?

what sort of modifications would the chassis, gearbox, suspensions and brakes would you need? or recomand to withstand that level of torque. i imagen on a 3.2gls it would easily reach over 700nm of torque and perhaps 260 or so hp....