Meat grinder / mincer recommendations

Kenny202

Wife has a restaurant and she's decided wants to do her own mince. Not huge qtys about 5kg a week. Beef mainly.

Just wondering anyone have any recommendations for a mincer? I have seen quite a few on Lazada and some look quite good ranging from 300 to 800 watts. One says 3000w which I find hard to believe. All under 2000 baht. I don't mind spending a bit more if better quality. I see the bigger ones they use here in the markets basically an aluminum hand grinder on a steel stand attached to a motor and pully. Too big for us anyway. I have successfully used the food processor to mince pork but beef not so good. 

I don't want to go to the expense of buying a kitchen aid / attachments etc. Prefer a purpose made grinder. Any advice appreciated 

Edited by Kenny202

• 7 months later...
7 hours ago, james.d said:

Kenny, or anyone for that matter, did you end up buying a meat grinder? If so, any feedback.

Thanks.

I did mate and very happy with it. Bought it from Central online, 1 year warranty about 1500 baht I think. You might see the same model on Lazada may be cheaper? Have been using it for must be around 6 months now and going gangbusters. I uses it semi commercially too, mostly 10kg beef at a time. You need to cube the beef first about 2 x 1" pieces and feed it in. Easy to clean also. Can't complain at all. beef actually grinds up a lot better than pork although I do pork as well no problems. Pork is a lot softer and has collagen (shiny white fat). 

IMG20210720170242.jpg

IMG20210720170246.jpg

30 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I did mate and very happy with it. Bought it from Central online, 1 year warranty about 1500 baht I think. You might see the same model on Lazada may be cheaper? Have been using it for must be around 6 months now and going gangbusters. I uses it semi commercially too, mostly 10kg beef at a time. You need to cube the beef first about 2 x 1" pieces and feed it in. Easy to clean also. Can't complain at all. beef actually grinds up a lot better than pork although I do pork as well no problems. Pork is a lot softer and has collagen (shiny white fat). 

IMG20210720170242.jpg

IMG20210720170246.jpg

Thanks Kenny for the full feedback, I'll look out for that.

Thanks again,

Much appreciated.

Edit: you got a good deal at that price, it's about 2,800 Thb now.

Edited by james.d
More info.