Building an Affordable swimming pool in Thailand

CNX69

My friend sent me video, told me to stop dreaming and do it. Well i have two left hands and, I am not good with tools 

I did get 3 price quotation. One from Thai builder and two from expats pool professional builders. The price was not very reasonable and it took all of them from 8 to 14 days to deliver plan and Very Simple BOQ. Yes, due to corona virus they are very busy constructing very expensive pools.  

Well I am actually quite busy renovating those quite expensive pools at present & I have some to build in coming months. In fact since the B/S bug suppossedly starting killing off millions, my enquiries increased?? ????????????

1 hour ago, CNX69 said:

My friend sent me video, told me to stop dreaming and do it. Well i have two left hands and, I am not good with tools 

I did get 3 price quotation. One from Thai builder and two from expats pool professional builders. The price was not very reasonable and it took all of them from 8 to 14 days to deliver plan and Very Simple BOQ. Yes, due to corona virus they are very busy constructing very expensive pools.  

That is more like a oversized bath tub or sauna plunge pool as apposed to a swimming pool! 5555 

2 hours ago, johnbarpic said:

If you’re in Pattaya visit Home & Pool  they built mine 15 years ago and it’s never missed a beat highly recommend not sure how far they travel ????????????????

ThankYou, i am in Muang ChiangMai

If you've got the money... go with a good contractor (Desjoyaux or other than members will recomand)... don't make same stupidity than me (but digging out 3 cubi cmeter was a good exercises...)..So  buy an Intex pool (or other brand) ! It on the 12 to 20 square meters with a dept around 100 cm. Not bad.

Static swim is ok, static run too ( i can't do it on road) and i loss 8 kgs since last March without forcing on it (1 to 1.5 hour 4 time weeks)/ Look down was much more pleasant and with my wife and (sometime) teenageboy using it, we will cover the buying cost in less than a year....

A libelous post has been removed

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel. Any such posts will be removed and the poster may face an immediate ban.

4 hours ago, CNX69 said:

This is my pool construction

You are welcome to visit and talk to builder directly   

p.jpg

Why not consider PebbleCrete for the surface. Hardest surface on the market. Gets better with age. Quartz crystal base. 5 yr product warranty. You won't get that with tiles. Check out www.pebblecrete.com No more regrouting & tiles falling off! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bagwain said:

Why not consider PebbleCrete for the surface. Hardest surface on the market. Gets better with age. Quartz crystal base. 5 yr product warranty. You won't get that with tiles. Check out www.pebblecrete.com No more regrouting & tiles falling off! 

Thank You Very Much.. I appreciate Your idea. Sounds very good and not slippery at my age. Top will be gray granite and  Walkway will be gray sand wash 

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Far easier for me to rent a condo with a swimming pool. Much more affordable, and I don't have the job of maintaining it.

Enjoy your clan and healthy condo pool 

it is not Building an Affordable swimming pool in Thailand

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CNX69 said:

Enjoy your clan and healthy condo pool 

it is not Building an Affordable swimming pool in Thailand

As long as any pool has a Free Available Chlorine content of 0.1 mg/L or more, up to 2 mg/L, it will be clean and healthy.

Let me check if the crucifixes are still in stock for those who have the temerity to suggest affordable alternatives.

7 hours ago, Rv Hawee said:

If you've got the money... go with a good contractor (Desjoyaux or other than members will recomand)... don't make same stupidity than me (but digging out 3 cubi cmeter was a good exercises...)..So  buy an Intex pool (or other brand) ! It on the 12 to 20 square meters with a dept around 100 cm. Not bad.

Static swim is ok, static run too ( i can't do it on road) and i loss 8 kgs since last March without forcing on it (1 to 1.5 hour 4 time weeks)/ Look down was much more pleasant and with my wife and (sometime) teenageboy using it, we will cover the buying cost in less than a year....

Do you have 'counter-flow' in your pool or use what they call 'tethered swimming'? 

Overflow type pool,  12m x 4m, 1.2m and 1.8 at the deep end. Sand filter , surge tank and underwater lighting , constructed 13 years ago.

Cost of chemicals and clarifiers etc can be expensive. . Cost 770,000 Baht.

124332640_1448997698637261_1988621015027485205_n.jpg

Edited by Humpy
'and' instead of '/'
  • Like 2

Water treatment Centre in khon kaen the owner is a peofessor at KKU he is excellent at sketching you ideas and suggestions where to have the outajes and intakes. If A house starts around 1,000,000 to build a basic pool should not be more. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 11/27/2020 at 9:08 PM, Humpy said:

Overflow type pool,  12m x 4m, 1.2m and 1.8 at the deep end. Sand filter , surge tank and underwater lighting , constructed 13 years ago.

Cost of chemicals and clarifiers etc can be expensive. . Cost 770,000 Baht.

124332640_1448997698637261_1988621015027485205_n.jpg

Yep building pools back then at around that price.

But not with those kitchen tiles. 

Now that pool would come in at 1.45 million!

However it looks like it is up high.

So maybe a tad more for support?

What are people doing in such a small swimming pool ?

I never wanted a house because an olympic pool size as in my condo is too expensive and maintenance difficult.

The only interest of a pool is to be able to swim 1 hour daily easily, but I guess that nobody here is doing it ?

Why is it people that don't have/want something always feel the need to bag on people that do have/want something. 

I think it safe to say we all know it's cheaper to live in a condo and swim in a public pool than to live in a house and swim in a private pool. 

5 hours ago, thcosh said:

What are people doing in such a small swimming pool ?

I never wanted a house because an olympic pool size as in my condo is too expensive and maintenance difficult.

The only interest of a pool is to be able to swim 1 hour daily easily, but I guess that nobody here is doing it ?

What do you mean "a small swimming pool"? Wouldn't it be enough for your daily swimming one 12m long, the width not so important (you do not swim into the width, do you?)  I have such of 12x3m, made really "affordable" by "kitchen tiles" and simple construction means with village bricklayers, 15 years ago for not more than 150,000 - nowadays surely not more than 200,000 - the cement and blocks cost still the same, described few details and pictures in another thread.  Still functioning well for my daily almost 1 hour swim, cannot compare with swimming in a public pool.  

If somebody thinks 1.45 M and more is "affordable"? Perhaps only when the wife is refusing to buy another diamond ring and/or new Benn (as usually is the case in Thailand), then what to do with the superfluous money?  

• 2 months later...