I suddenly feel old. And it’s all down to TikTok sensation Charli D'Amelio

snoop1130

I suddenly feel old. And it’s all down to TikTok sensation Charli D'Amelio

By Arwa Mahdawi

1671.jpg

Down to earth? ... Charli D’Amelio on the Tonight Show. Photograph: NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images

I thought it wouldn’t happen to me. I thought I would be the exception to the rule. But it has happened, it has finally happened: I have turned into my mother.

I knew the middle-aged metamorphosis had begun when I started feeling inexplicably thrilled by finding the perfect-sized container in which to store leftovers.

I knew the transition was terminal when I realised that I yelled: “I can’t hear you if you’re speaking to me from a different room!” at least 10 times a day.

But it was only on Monday that the fact I’m Officially Old™ really hit me. 

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/25/i-suddenly-feel-old-and-its-all-down-to-tiktok-sensation-charli-damelio

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

I knew the middle-aged metamorphosis had begun when I started feeling inexplicably thrilled by finding the perfect-sized container in which to store leftovers.

I knew the transition was terminal when I realised that I yelled: “I can’t hear you if you’re speaking to me from a different room!” at least 10 times a day.

Welcome to the real world.

And yes, I cannot hear people if they are walking away from me or wearing a mask. Mind you, I am partially deaf and I read lips.

NB Lip reading does not work in Thai.