Gps Sattelite Navigation

Hello i am Martin from Belgium ;ill be ath November in Thailand ;ath the North region ;and my question is these ;if there is some information about a trustable navigation system about Thailand ;and can somebody please tell me about it and also the costs ;and a good and a trusteble dealer who sells ith ;ith may be i BKK or in the North region ;Thanks alot : ps sorry for my Englisch writing, its not so good

Ill hope ath some respons

Martin

Hello i am Martin from Belgium ;ill be ath November in Thailand ;ath the North region ;and my question is these ;if there is some information about a trustable navigation system about Thailand ;and can somebody please tell me about it and also the costs ;and a good and a trusteble dealer who sells ith ;ith may be i BKK or in the North region ;Thanks alot : ps sorry for my Englisch writing, its not so good

Martin

Hi Martin

Using GARMIN Nuvi 310, travelled from Ubon to Mae Sai and back to Ubon 2728Km via as close as one can get it in the border roads, garmin shows all the roads.

Got in from Pantip 2nd floor, PLATINUM 02-6565485

PRICE 2 mths ago 26000, price is getting down by the day and new models pop up like a mushrooms.

good map in bot English and thai.

hope it helps.

An online map is http://maps.google.com/

You can zoom down until you see every soi in a town. Street and village names are in Thai, so you may need an ordinary map whith English letters to find your way at first. But for details, this is unmatched. Since it is google, it can also blend in the satelite images, which is a great help for orientation.

The highest resolution satelite images are so good, that you may choose to blend out the map. But they are not yet available for all Thailand. Try it out, it is free.

If you have your coordinates, you can let the map display your position. Just enter the coordinates like 16° 09’ 23” N 102° 33´ 11” E

The only problem is: it is online. You can not take it with you on your trip through the jungle.

Regards

Thedi

Edited by thedi

You can zoom down until you see every soi in a town. Street and village names are in Thai, so you may need an ordinary map whith English letters to find your way at first. But for details, this is unmatched. Since it is google, it can also blend in the satelite images, which is a great help for orientation.

The highest resolution satelite images are so good, that you may choose to blend out the map. But they are not yet available for all Thailand. Try it out, it is free.

If you have your coordinates, you can let the map display your position. Just enter the coordinates like 16° 09' 23" N 102° 33´ 11" E

The only problem is: it is online. You can not take it with you on your trip through the jungle.

Regards

Thedi

Thanks alot for the info

Martin

If you have your coordinates, you can let the map display your position. Just enter the coordinates like 16° 09' 23" N 102° 33´ 11" E

Regards

Thedi

Thanks alot for the info

Martin

Martin

Hi Martin

Using GARMIN Nuvi 310, travelled from Ubon to Mae Sai and back to Ubon 2728Km via as close as one can get it in the border roads, garmin shows all the roads.

Got in from Pantip 2nd floor, PLATINUM 02-6565485

PRICE 2 mths ago 26000, price is getting down by the day and new models pop up like a mushrooms.

good map in bot English and thai.

hope it helps.

Thanks alot for the info

Martin