From non-O to visa Covid

Hello,

My non-O visa ends just before Christmas. How is it possible to switch to visa Covid (2 months)? I am in Bangkok. Do I need to make an appointment with CW?

For family reasons, I need to stay until March, the visa Covid is only for 2 months and the extension of my non-O is outrageously expensive..

Additional question for those who know: will I need to make my first 90 day report when switching visa?

If your Non-O is based on having a Thai family, you can get a one time 60 day extension for 1,900 baht that will begin from the current expiry date.

But also, it's likely you can get your current expiry date changed to end on 29th Jan free of charge. 

Then you can see what happens in January. It will likely be changed again to the end of Feb or March. 

I'm thinking your current extension ends just before Xmas. 

You can apply for 12 month extension. Financials required.

Or you could obtain 60 day extension at MTT note not CW.

All extensions are 1900 baht be it for 60 days or year.

The small issue with the annual extension is having 400k in bank for 2 months prior to application, which I'm guessing you haven't done.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ninjabkk said:

I am in a similar situation. My visa will expire on December 30th. If I go to immigration before December 30th, can I get another 60 days extension? Or will it be an extension of only 30 days?

My guess is that you currently have an permission of stay stamp (extension) valid to Dec 30. Did you obtain that couple months back?

You should be able to obtain another stamp 60 days up to Dec 30.

The OP is on annual extension. Different.

Edited by DrJack54

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm thinking your current extension ends just before Xmas. 

You can apply for 12 month extension. Financials required.

Or you could obtain 60 day extension at MTT note not CW.

All extensions are 1900 baht be it for 60 days or year.

The small issue with the annual extension is having 400k in bank for 2 months prior to application, which I'm guessing you haven't done.

Best to check before heading to MTT, they have sent NON-O (spouse and dependant) visa holders back to CW, including myself and others.

• 2 weeks later...