Subaru Forrester?

looking at the subaru forrester, i really like it except for the price in thailand....some reviews are saying that they are good cars, but even more are saying there are rampant problems with wheel bearings, o2 sensors, head gaskets and a fishy smell....

anyone own a subaru or have ever owned a subaru?

i know the wheel bearing problem is probably caused by low tolerance ball bearings ie; wrong sized rollers, an easy fix...but the o2 sensor and head gasket problems get to me...

I owned for 3 years Subaru Impreza.

Cheaper then here of course.

Best car ever , VERY reliable that it comes to the point its boring to even own 1.

I LOVE SUBARU!

BUT will never buy Subaru in Thailand...prices r just too high!!funny! its one of the cheapest car in other places.

But here its like buying GOLD!! Why the hel_l Impreza 95' cost more than 400K baht??? Is there a gold inside the car or is there some diamonds I cant see there?? :o

In thailad -TOYOTA> :D

"prices are ridiculous" ?! Where u come from that it sounds cheap for you?

No never had transmission problems.

For the price you get Subaru in Thailand u have waaay far better options.

up2u. u like it buy it.

I owned a 2000 Impreza Outback in the states and for me too it was the best car I ever had. Reliable, fun to drive, a monster in the snow & very capable off-road. I always tell a story about driving on a dirt road in northern Arizona. I came to a heavily rutted, washed out place in the road & saw a Jeep Cherokee & a Toyota 4wd pickup parked just short of the "impassable" stretch . Well, you guessed it, the Subaru made it through just fine. I would get another Subaru in a second if the price was at all reasonable.