Non Immigration O visa, can I get 60 day covid extension?

Hi guys, before the 26th of sept I applied for a Non immigrant O visa (3 months), thinking that I will go for the 1 year volunteer visa after that. Since then, I heard that they announced a 60 day covid extension, is that also valid for this visa? And if so, how do I apply for one? Do I need to go to muang thong or chaeng watthana? Can I extend my visa using the 1 year volunteer option after they don't offer the covid extension?

Thanks

6 hours ago, Polarizing said:

Hi guys, before the 26th of sept I applied for a Non immigrant O visa (3 months), thinking that I will go for the 1 year volunteer visa after that. Since then, I heard that they announced a 60 day covid extension, is that also valid for this visa? And if so, how do I apply for one? Do I need to go to muang thong or chaeng watthana? Can I extend my visa using the 1 year volunteer option after they don't offer the covid extension?

Thanks

You need to confirm with whoever you obtained your non-immigrant visa from.

In some cases it may actually restart the process, and you would have to reapply for the non-immigrant o visa in order to get a yearly extension of stay.

But again, please confirm with whoever you obtained the original non-immigrant o from.

Yes. Did mine at Khon Kaen with an expiring Non-B but the officer stated the covid is available to all types of visa. 60 days added from the expiry of permission to stay and not from the date of application.  The visa will still remain a non-immigrant visa. Very straight forward and was dealt by one of the senior officers. Others have reported the same at Sisaket as well.

1 hour ago, Almudena said:

Yes. Did mine at Khon Kaen with an expiring Non-B but the officer stated the covid is available to all types of visa. 60 days added from the expiry of permission to stay and not from the date of application.  The visa will still remain a non-immigrant visa. Very straight forward and was dealt by one of the senior officers. Others have reported the same at Sisaket as well.

do you know which boot i have to go for non imm O? is it in chaeng watthana? 

1 hour ago, Polarizing said:

do you know which boot i have to go for non imm O? is it in chaeng watthana? 

All I can do is answer yes to your original questions regarding your extension.   I've never used any BKK immigration offices as I stay up-country.   Usually at all the immigration offices I've visited in the past, there are always a couple of university students on work experience at the office who can point you in the right direction.

12 hours ago, Almudena said:

"The visa will still remain a Non-Immigrant visa..."   Wait, does this means that even after 60 days "Covid" extension ends, he will be able to extend his previous Volunteer visa and add12 month extension to it? (I thought this is not possible, because his Volunteer visa would be expired already)

12 hours ago, sallecc said:

"The visa will still remain a Non-Immigrant visa..."   Wait, does this means that even after 60 days "Covid" extension ends, he will be able to extend his previous Volunteer visa and add12 month extension to it? (I thought this is not possible, because his Volunteer visa would be expired already)

I would have thought that he'll have to find another volunteer organisation to sponsor the extension if he's no longer volunteers at the moment, however he won't have the hassle of converting his visa as he already have the correct one.  That how it works when I've changed employers in the past.

I was under the impression that these 60 day covid extensions are ongoing until the borders reopen as the government have admitted to themselves that's it absurd to kick out the farangs who are already contributing to the economy.      

18 minutes ago, Almudena said:

I would have thought that he'll have to find another volunteer organisation to sponsor the extension if he's no longer volunteers at the moment, however he won't have the hassle of converting his visa as he already have the correct one.  That how it works when I've changed employers in the past.

I got it through an agent, so im not actually volunteering, just go for the 60 day extension? what d you think?

2 hours ago, Polarizing said:

I got it through an agent, so im not actually volunteering, just go for the 60 day extension? what d you think?

Did you ask your agent? (if you can go back go Volunteer extension route, after 60 days Covid visa ends)

2 hours ago, Polarizing said:

agent said through them is 7k...  for a 2 month extension, i guess it should be the same thing right?

What type of 2 month extension?  Covid 60 days extension is only 1900 in Immigration, very easy.

(as I know, Volunteer options are only 3 month Visa, and 12 months extension on that same visa)

30 minutes ago, sallecc said:

What type of 2 month extension?  Covid 60 days extension is only 1900 in Immigration, very easy.

(as I know, Volunteer options are only 3 month Visa, and 12 months extension on that same visa)

2 month is the covid extension i think, so i extend the volunteer visa  with the covid extension

18 hours ago, Polarizing said:

2 month is the covid extension i think, so i extend the volunteer visa  with the covid extension

Strange... Covid 60d extension is only 1900, why would they charge it 7000... And I'm pretty sure after Volunteer visa expires, it can't be extended anymore... Hopefully some others more knowledgeable will chime in...

Archived