More Nonsense - Foreigners now no longer allowed to pay for Netflix through AIS

Mr Meeseeks

Do you have a "Yellow Book"? It contains your Thai ID number. I mention this because two days ago AIS allowed me to buy a phone with a yearly package contract after the Telewiz sales reps initially demanded to see a work permit. I also have used it to put the AIS Fiber Internet in my name here in the house 18 months ago. I don't use Netflix so I'm not sure if this info can be of any help to you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Dirty farang = dirty money ...... go figure. 

This country is in absolute overdrive; best is to pack up and leave. We're living meanwhile in a farang-monger state; apartheid in the 21st century in Asia explained! 

The usual silly, paranoid victimism. It's likely AIS simplified their system to use ID numbers and all the OP need do is get a yellowbook, as noted earlier by @rbkk.

On 12/11/2020 at 3:43 PM, BigStar said:

The usual silly, paranoid victimism. It's likely AIS simplified their system to use ID numbers and all the OP need do is get a yellowbook, as noted earlier by @rbkk.

Well, the Netflix-account number would do it as well, without yellow books and god-only-knows-whatever-additional bureaucratic stuff ......... Maybe you have time for non-silly, non-paranoid queueing at the local amphur for that, I don't! 

• Haha 1

I tried to when I first started Netflix to pay by my N.Z credit card Netflix would not except my card seeing I was using the Thailand Netflix  and told me it had to be via a Thailand kind of payment so my partner used her credit card  and I pay her credit card  so now no problems with Netflix

Edited by whiteman

48 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, the Netflix-account number would do it as well, without yellow books and god-only-knows-whatever-additional bureaucratic stuff ......... Maybe you have time for non-silly, non-paranoid queueing at the local amphur for that, I don't! 

Or maybe not, as the Netflix account number is the account to be paid, not the source and means of payment. Actually, you dunno. Oh, already got my pink ID and yellow book and it was a breeze. Maybe you need to slow down. ????

On 12/11/2020 at 3:43 PM, BigStar said:

I was told by my Amphur (Bang Rakam) that I cannot get a Yellow Book unless I am married. I know it's bullsh.., but the guy was adamant.

No problem though, I do not use netflix!

Edited by KannikaP

I pay my Netflix bill through the True Money App I have added to my phone.  I can also pay and top up my MRT card as well as the GF's.  Try adding the True Money App. I also use it when I make orders from Lazada.

Edited by ThailandRyan

True is the best option in my opinion. I had no problems getting fibre broadband 500mb/500mb, phone number with 60 mins calling and 10gb data and true visions around 100 channels - all in one for 699 Baht per month. I also have a 5000 baht credit line which I can use to pay for Netflix, HBO go, my iPhone cloud storage and all of this goes on top of my true convergence bill. They are very good at dealing with foreigners.

As ThailandRyan suggests, I also use the True Money App - easily transfer from your Thai bank to the wallet and comes with a digital Mastercard which you can use for payments also. I use the True Money App to pay EVERYTHING - water bills, electricity, lazada, mcdonalds and my true convergence bill. It's much easier than using your bank to be honest. You get loads of True points every month which you can use to get discounts in so many places - including the popular fast food chains 1112, 1711.

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 4:37 PM, BigStar said:

Or maybe not, as the Netflix account number is the account to be paid, not the source and means of payment. Actually, you dunno. Oh, already got my pink ID and yellow book and it was a breeze. Maybe you need to slow down. ????

The good shepherd has spoken; the payment to Netflix has a unique reference chichis more than enough to identify the fact, that the Netflix account 1234 has been paid for - your call! 

On 12/10/2020 at 12:04 AM, Susco said:

What has your internet provider to do with a payment to Netflix. You pay with your bank app, don't you

AIS, and other providers, often have free introductory offers for services, once the free period finishes they add the subscription to your bill. This is a win win situation as it’s more difficult to stop a service.

Certainly you can take a direct subscription but the free time is either short or nonexistent.

On 12/13/2020 at 4:47 PM, ThailandRyan said:

I pay my Netflix bill through the True Money App I have added to my phone.  I can also pay and top up my MRT card as well as the GF's.  Try adding the True Money App. I also use it when I make orders from Lazada.

Truemoney app, that's the one that requires you to make silly pictures of you holding your passport in front of your face to register, isn't it?

I wanted to install the app, but that is where I lost my intererst

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Unbelievable people have not figured out Android boxes.

Netflix shows

Hbo

Showtime

Movies and TV shows all free.

Erm....they are not entirely free, one has to pay a subscription fee to the legal content providers go be able to view protected content.

On 12/13/2020 at 11:55 PM, 2530Ubon said:

True is the best option in my opinion. I had no problems getting fibre broadband 500mb/500mb, phone number with 60 mins calling and 10gb data and true visions around 100 channels - all in one for 699 Baht per month.

I am curious when you got this deal coz promotion at the moment is 899 baht. ????

I had issues last month when my card expired, I use a K-Web virtual shopping card.

Netflix app wouldn’t accept my new card, I swore at the bank helpline for 20 mins, then a Filipino Netflix rep tried to help, no luck, in the meantime, kasikorn called back, apparently Netflix rejected virtual shopping cards as unsecure, but I was able to use the number on my card which is secured by visa. 

Possibly the same for AIS ?

4 minutes ago, recom273 said:

apparently Netflix rejected virtual shopping cards as unsecure, but I was able to use the number on my card which is secured by visa. 

You got me lost there. How else than with the card number would you use a virtual shopping card?

I have  a K-bank virtual shopping card as well, and use it to pay online purchases from outside Thailand.

I enter number, date and cv code, and the merchant sees i as a visa card.

18 minutes ago, Susco said:

You got me lost there. How else than with the card number would you use a virtual shopping card?

I have  a K-bank virtual shopping card as well, and use it to pay online purchases from outside Thailand.

I enter number, date and cv code, and the merchant sees i as a visa card.

Yes, I usually use my virtual shopping card for everything too.

I spent 30 mins entering and scratching my head, then calling kasikorn who went through it with me, no dice, both myself and the girl were totally confused. Thankfully she called a little while later, after talking with card services - since last month, Netflix weren’t accepting the shopping card because it was unsecure. 

But did you know, you can also use the numbers on your physical card to pay online? You need to register it first. Mine was already registered from a time before the virtual card existed.

When you enter your “plastic” card details, then you get sent to a “verified by visa” page, you need to make up a little ID tag for the SMS, press a button and then your get the OTP to your phone.

I didn’t argue, I just did what the girl told me and my new card was added and my subscription renewed. 

27 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Yes, I usually use my virtual shopping card for everything too.

I spent 30 mins entering and scratching my head, then calling kasikorn who went through it with me, no dice, both myself and the girl were totally confused. Thankfully she called a little while later, after talking with card services - since last month, Netflix weren’t accepting the shopping card because it was unsecure. 

But did you know, you can also use the numbers on your physical card to pay online? You need to register it first. Mine was already registered from a time before the virtual card existed.

When you enter your “plastic” card details, then you get sent to a “verified by visa” page, you need to make up a little ID tag for the SMS, press a button and then your get the OTP to your phone.

I didn’t argue, I just did what the girl told me and my new card was added and my subscription renewed. 

Now I'm even more confused.

I don't have a physical card, only the virtual one, and that one changes every 2 years I think.

And I assume that your physical card has different details than your virtual one, since it was issued at a different time.

So how adding the details on your physical card can result in your virtual one added is still a mystery to me

Edited by Susco

9 hours ago, Susco said:

Now I'm even more confused.

I don't have a physical card, only the virtual one, and that one changes every 2 years I think.

And I assume that your physical card has different details than your virtual one, since it was issued at a different time.

So how adding the details on your physical card can result in your virtual one added is still a mystery to me

Correct - It’s a completely different number and different security number. 

It”s connected to the same account, but there are two ways of making online payment. Netflix don’t (or didn’t accept) shopping card because it wasn’t secured by VISA.

Sorry, I’m talking about the plastic ATM card, I have a platinum account that has a VISA sign on it.