Getting back to thailand

Can member help me with information about re-entry to Thailand?

I hold a non O retirement visa valid until June 2021, with multiple re-entry permit.

I am married to a Thai national living in Phayao, I have copy of her passport and ID card, and a UK marriage certificate.  Also for what it is worth a current Tambian Ban (yellow Book)

registered at our home in Phayao.

I have been in UK since Aug 2020, I had to visit UK for business reasons, and thought or hoped that entry to Thailand would be normalised earlier this year, but it seems not.

I have looked at the requirements for re-entry, but I am confused.  

1.  I need to get a CoE from the RET in London, but to get this, it seems that I need to book a flight to Bangkok, and buy the required Covid insurance, and book ASQ.

I have no problem with the cost of all this, if that is what it take to get back to Thailand, but is there any guarantee that I will be granted CoE?

I have thought of choosing a date in Jan2021, booking a flight and the buying required insurance and booking ASQ based on that flight date, but will I be given a CoE that will allow me to travel. 

Reluctant to do this if I am nor assured of Entry to Thailand.

Where I am staying in UK I could easily visit RTE in London if that will make the CoE easier to get.

Are there any other members here who have gone through the process to offer any advice or re-assurance about what I am trying to do.

I know that I was stupid leaving Thailand without any guarantee of re-entry, but I was optimistic that the world would come to its senses and travel re-start by now.

Covid Vaccine is starting in UK soon.  Any opinions about Thailand allowing re-entry fro vaccinated persons without all of these problems with CoE?

I am on my 5th day in ASQ and the COE is the easiest most pain free part of the process. As long as you meet all the requirements it will be isssued very quickly.

If you are near London then Doctor Today 181 Finchley road do a covid test and fit to fly certificate for 150 quid. I had my appointment at 17.15 and received my results at 13.30 next day.

I travelled fron Norwich as there was nowhere closer that did a quick turn around.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 4:28 PM, Robin said:

Can member help me with information about re-entry to Thailand?

I hold a non O retirement visa valid until June 2021, with multiple re-entry permit.

I am married to a Thai national living in Phayao, I have copy of her passport and ID card, and a UK marriage certificate.  Also for what it is worth a current Tambian Ban (yellow Book)

registered at our home in Phayao.

I have been in UK since Aug 2020, I had to visit UK for business reasons, and thought or hoped that entry to Thailand would be normalised earlier this year, but it seems not.

I have looked at the requirements for re-entry, but I am confused.  

1.  I need to get a CoE from the RET in London, but to get this, it seems that I need to book a flight to Bangkok, and buy the required Covid insurance, and book ASQ.

I have no problem with the cost of all this, if that is what it take to get back to Thailand, but is there any guarantee that I will be granted CoE?

I have thought of choosing a date in Jan2021, booking a flight and the buying required insurance and booking ASQ based on that flight date, but will I be given a CoE that will allow me to travel. 

Reluctant to do this if I am nor assured of Entry to Thailand.

Where I am staying in UK I could easily visit RTE in London if that will make the CoE easier to get.

Are there any other members here who have gone through the process to offer any advice or re-assurance about what I am trying to do.

I know that I was stupid leaving Thailand without any guarantee of re-entry, but I was optimistic that the world would come to its senses and travel re-start by now.

Covid Vaccine is starting in UK soon.  Any opinions about Thailand allowing re-entry fro vaccinated persons without all of these problems with CoE?

Its very very easy. Get yourself $100,000 Covid insurance from most UK insurance companies until the expiry date of your extension. There are many Staysure, Direct-travel to name two of them. Covid is covered under accident and emergency. Go to the  COE website and apply to come back on the basis of retirement. Upload your passport page, your retirement extension, your re entry permit and your insurance. At the end of the application you will be issued a 6 digit number. Check back at regular intervals until it asks for travel details. Then you upload your flight and ASQ hotel. You 100% qualify to come back so if I was you I would sort out and book your flight, ASQ and insurance and then you can get your COE the same day. Remember a COE is only applicable to the flight numbet and date. If this changes you need  new COE.

https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

Once you get your COE you will need à negative Covid test RESULT via the RT PCR method 72 hours hours before your first international flight and a separate Fit to Fly certificate. Please note because people keep quoting it incorrectly. ASQ quarantine is 16 days and 15 nights not 14 days which keeps getting quoted.

Edited by jimn
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, jimn said:

Its very very easy. Get yourself $100,000 Covid insurance from most UK insurance companies until the expiry date of your extension. There are many Staysure, Direct-travel to name two of them. Covid is covered under accident and emergency. Go to the  COE website and apply to come back on the basis of retirement. Upload your passport page, your retirement extension, your re entry permit and your insurance. At the end of the application you will be issued a 6 digit number. Check back at regular intervals until it asks for travel details. Then you upload your flight and ASQ hotel. You 100% qualify to come back so if I was you I would sort out and book your flight, ASQ and insurance and then you can get your COE the same day. Remember a COE is only applicable to the flight numbet and date. If this changes you need  new COE.

Once you get your COE you will need à negative Covid test RESULT via the RT PCR method 72 hours hours before your first international flight and a separate Fit to Fly certificate. Please note because people keep quoting it incorrectly. ASQ quarantine is 16 days and 15 nights not 14 days which keeps getting quoted.

Warning on your UK travel insurance suggestion. All of them require you to have been a uk resident for at least 6 months and be registered with a GP (he hasn’t). This will only be picked up on in the event of a claim which will then be denied. If you only want a certificate though.... Also insurers are rapidly dropping Covid cover. 
Actually you only upload insurance documents now on the second stage of the process (along with hotel and flight booking) after provisional approval. I can confirm response times are very fast . I uploaded the more complex second part at 4 pm and got COE at 7pm ! 
Coronatestcentre.com I can highly recommend £149 . They do the test for you  at centres in London and Manchester and include a separate fit to fly certificate (important) based on Covid test result which is acceptable  )  . I did 2 day option but it came through the following . AVOID a company called Medicorp . I had dreadful experience and their communication is non functional.  

Mlkik above mentions Doctor today.  Can you give me contact details, as I have tried to search for this and no response.  I live near London so travel to Edgeware road would not be a problem. 

Only same day Covid test I have found was a clinic near oxford St and wanted £500 for test and no mention of FTF cert.

is there a time limit on the CoE?  I am thinking of travel in early Jan 2020, but would like to get things moving before everything shuts down for Christmas.

Having some trouble with medical insurance since I am 76 yrs old and some I have looked at have a limit of 75 yrs.  I am not too bothered about the actual policy, just want to minimum to get back into Thailand.

10 minutes ago, Robin said:

Mlkik above mentions Doctor today.  Can you give me contact details, as I have tried to search for this and no response.  I live near London so travel to Edgeware road would not be a problem. 

Only same day Covid test I have found was a clinic near oxford St and wanted £500 for test and no mention of FTF cert.

is there a time limit on the CoE?  I am thinking of travel in early Jan 2020, but would like to get things moving before everything shuts down for Christmas.

Having some trouble with medical insurance since I am 76 yrs old and some I have looked at have a limit of 75 yrs.  I am not too bothered about the actual policy, just want to minimum to get back into Thailand.

I have a friend who arrived in Thailand lunchtime today. He lives in the middle of London, he came back by emirates. If you PM me your email address I will ask him if he will contact you.

Guess he won’t have much else to do for the next 14 days.

44 minutes ago, Robin said:

[email protected]   020 7433 1444       www.doctortoday.co.uk

Edited by mlkik

On 12/11/2020 at 10:19 AM, Wee Man said:

my wife in Thailand had to send me a letter saying we were still together along with a copy of our bankbooks which I had to tender with the application.   

My wife and I do not have a shared account but can provide evidence I financially support her (bank transactions Australia/Thailand), will this suffice? Can you give me a hint what she needs to include in the letter? 

My wife and I are looking to return to Thailand February 10th.  This thread has helped and I have requested information on a thread that I started yesterday.  

My question is about flights.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Do you make flight reservations and ASQ at the same time?  Do you make your flight bookings through normal places like Orbitz.com?  I read that repatriation flights could be used.

Thanks and good fortunes as you move forward with your return to Thailand.

19 hours ago, Singo said:

My wife and I do not have a shared account but can provide evidence I financially support her (bank transactions Australia/Thailand), will this suffice? Can you give me a hint what she needs to include in the letter? 

Just a simple letter from her in Thai confirming you are both still in a marraige and staying at the address on your application.   She might add that she wants you home ASP.

• Thanks 1

Among the documents I have with me in UK is a Tambian Ban (Yellow Book)  To get this I had to go through a lot of hoops to prove that I was legally married to my wife.  Will this be of any use in proving to RTE for CoE that I have a Thai spouse?  We were married in UK and I have UK marriage certificate, but we have not registered our marriage in Thailand and her passport and ID card is in her single name.

Is this likely to be a problem with application for CoE.

I was not aware that retirement was an accepted reason for return to Thailand.

Sorry to have so many questions, but I want this to be successful, having be stupid enough to leave Thailand last July, believing that entry restrictions would be lifted before the end of Sept.  So many of the statements from Anutin seem so illogical that I cannot believe that it could be easy to get a CoE,

is it true that I am only allowed one application for a CoE.  If that is rejected i do not get a second chance?

2 minutes ago, Robin said:

We were married in UK and I have UK marriage certificate, but we have not registered our marriage in Thailand and her passport and ID card is in her single name.

Those will be accepted to get a COE.

On 12/12/2020 at 8:53 PM, Singo said:

If you have the proof of these support payments I'm sure that would be accepted.   I think they just need some sort of proof.  You know what the Thai's are like for paperwork..

Insurance and your hotel booking will have to be done befor you get a COE.    I'm 73 and got 3 month insurance to cover Covid for B8,000.  Pm me if you want the insurance company address.

On 12/12/2020 at 3:49 PM, nchuckle said:

Actually you only upload insurance documents now on the second stage of the process (along with hotel and flight booking) after provisional approval.

Actually its changed again. Originally insurance was at the first stage. Then for about 10 days ago it went to the second stage. Now its back at the first stage along with visa. Check you will see I am right.

4 hours ago, Salerno said:

1173615133_.png.3ed12df07bd6a2c4b4844d6c25d4066c.png

Wrong I am afraid but I will give you 5/10 for trying and @nchuckle who liked your post. The simple fact is that this is one of those cases where the instructions are wrong, mainly because it has changed again. To prove I am right you actually need to create an application. Dont worry the system will not remember you and you can drop out before completing the first stage. Go into the site and put nationality United Kingdom/RTE London/Tourist Visa. After all the personal information passport page, visa etc, it clearly asks to upload Medical Insurance as per the screenshot. Check and you will see I am right. ASQ and Flight are Stage 2, insurance is Stage 1

Screenshot_20201214-184645_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by jimn