Best DTAC Plan For Road Trip?

OliverKlozerof

Here in Bangkok I rarely turn on cell data on my iphone (I do email, web surfing, etc., on my home computer). I currently have no DTAC package. However, I just bought a truck and plan to do some touring around Thailand, so will need access to google maps,  the web, social media, youtube, etc. Yes, I've been to DTAC's site with their different packages, but I'm still not sure which one would be best for me. Or maybe there are other options? (Despite being a computer tech for 25 years, I've never been interested in cell phone tech.)

If you have some helpful information, I'd be happy and thankful to hear it. (Others: Please skip to next thread. ???? )

Do you need voice text or data?

I find the Dtac app quite handy, Go to the packages and choose what's good for you. If you're just doing maps and face timing 1 Mb speed is fine.

They do a 30-day unlimited 1 Mb package for 350 baht plus tax.

It's data only but if you need to message somebody on WhatsApp line messenger or FaceTime somebody it's perfect.

Screenshot_20201213-141303_dtac.jpg

Edited by ThaIrish Sean
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

Do you need voice text or data?

I find the Dtac app quite handy, Go to the packages and choose what's good for you. If you're just doing maps and face timing 1 Mb speed is fine.

They do a 30-day unlimited 1 Mb package for 350 baht plus tax.

It's data only but if you need to message somebody on WhatsApp line messenger or FaceTime somebody it's perfect.

Screenshot_20201213-141303_dtac.jpg

Thanks. I should download their app I guess.
I did send them a message on facebook tonight and got the following reply.
--

I believe it requires a good amount and good speed of Internet to use the map. I'm not sure how long do you need but we have 90-day unlimited packages as follows. 

-Unlimited Internet with Maximum speed of 1Mbps . Fee 802.50 THB(Inc. VAT), valid for 90days. Apply press *104*591*5474451# call

-Unlimited Internet with Maximum speed of 4Mbps . Fee 1,284 THB(Inc. VAT), valid for 90days. Apply press *104*594*5474451# call

-Unlimited Internet with Maximum speed of 10Mbps . Fee 1,926 THB (Inc. VAT), valid for 90days. Apply press *104*598*5474451# call

If you don't need the same number, then just get a new SIM for the trip, parking your old number for when you get back. If, of course, you have a dual SIM phone, it's not an issue.

Much cheaper that way, as with a new SIM you get access to different promos. For example, unlimited 4 Mbps for 200 baht per month or unlimited 10 Mbps for 300 baht per month.

If you want to keep the same number but still have access to these promos, you'll need to port the number to another network and then apply the promo to the new SIM, as they all have the same promo.

Otherwise, you can apply the 90 day packs as above.

22 hours ago, OliverKlozerof said:

Thanks. I should download their app I guess.
I did send them a message on facebook tonight and got the following reply.
--

I believe it requires a good amount and good speed of Internet to use the map. I'm not sure how long do you need but we have 90-day unlimited packages as follows. 

-Unlimited Internet with Maximum speed of 1Mbps . Fee 802.50 THB(Inc. VAT), valid for 90days. Apply press *104*591*5474451# call

-Unlimited Internet with Maximum speed of 4Mbps . Fee 1,284 THB(Inc. VAT), valid for 90days. Apply press *104*594*5474451# call

-Unlimited Internet with Maximum speed of 10Mbps . Fee 1,926 THB (Inc. VAT), valid for 90days. Apply press *104*598*5474451# call

I use maps to navigate all the time and the 1Mb is fine