Khao Soi Recommendation?

FolkGuitar

The title says it... I'm looking for a good Khao Soi recommendation inside the SuperHighway.

My favorite place closed down a few years ago, and I haven't found its equal yet.  I do NOT care about the price although  I DO want a large serving if the price is high.

Cross off Khao Soi MaeSai...  I find that mediocre at best.

Where would YOU go if you wanted good Khao Soi?

Thanks!

Edited by FolkGuitar

You know the Muslim Temple just off Chang Klan a block from Thapae.  In that Soi coming from Changklan on left side are several shops.  The second or third has been there for 30+ years,  it may be named Khao Soi Islam.  Food prep front right, outside front left gai ping and/or other stuff on sale. Ladies run the kitchen.

Longevitity speaks but your taste may be different.

• Thanks 2

Khao Soi Lamduan in Fah Hahm is usually recommended with good reason. It used to be said that they supplied Phuping when the Royal Family was in residence.

My favorite is from a place that used to be opposite the Iron Bridge between Duke's and Rim Ping.  A couple of years ago the Sino-Thai lady who had run the place since the late '70s sold up and moved to a shophouse just past the Kawila gate in Sanpakoy Market.

Try it, you'll like it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, folks.

Between ThaiVisa postings and those made in other venues where I had requested recommendations, the overwhelming consensus seems to be 'Huen Phen' in the Old City.

I'll give that place a try.  I'm breaking a strict 'Keto Lifestyle' Diet that I've been following for almost two years, with a three-day non-Keto 'vacation,' and trying to find the best of the various foods I have not been eating for this experiment. Khao Soi, gyoza, Pad Thai,  pasta, French Fries, Fruit, croissants, ice cream... I'll probably feel sick as a dog by the third day, but I used to love these foods and sort of miss them.  I was really surprised at how much better my body felt after a month of not eating them, to say nothing of the wonderful weight loss, and will go back to the Lifestyle after a couple of days of binging.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

14 hours ago, Bill97 said:

You know the Muslim Temple just off Chang Klan a block from Thapae.  In that Soi coming from Changklan on left side are several shops.  The second or third has been there for 30+ years,  it may be named Khao Soi Islam.  Food prep front right, outside front left gai ping and/or other stuff on sale. Ladies run the kitchen.

Longevitity speaks but your taste may be different.

This place is the best other than going into Lampang city.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, JingerBen said:

Khao Soi Lamduan in Fah Hahm is usually recommended with good reason. It used to be said that they supplied Phuping when the Royal Family was in residence.

My favorite is from a place that used to be opposite the Iron Bridge between Duke's and Rim Ping.  A couple of years ago the Sino-Thai lady who had run the place since the late '70s sold up and moved to a shophouse just past the Kawila gate in Sanpakoy Market.

Try it, you'll like it.

The two Khao soi shops in Faham (the one you refer to is one of them) have been closed for many months now. Not out of business but closed until further notice. Recently we saw one of them open - I think it was the other one, and we were told they were only opening a couple of Sunday's here and there when many visitors from Bangkok were in town.

On 12/13/2020 at 4:18 PM, FolkGuitar said:

The title says it... I'm looking for a good Khao Soi recommendation inside the SuperHighway.

My favorite place closed down a few years ago, and I haven't found its equal yet.  I do NOT care about the price although  I DO want a large serving if the price is high.

Cross off Khao Soi MaeSai...  I find that mediocre at best.

Where would YOU go if you wanted good Khao Soi?

Thanks!

I live in Saraphi and eat this once a week. Family knows many good take outs here. 

24 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

I would first have to ask, since the Super Hwy doesn't go in a circle what is considered 'inside'?

My fav Khao Soi place is in Lamphun city......isn't that still 'inside' the Super Hwy.?  ????

Yes, I guess it is. So is Cape Town.  How's the Khao Soi there?

Mods... I think this thread has provided me with more than enough recommendations. Please close.