Returning to Thailand - How long to get C of E?

I applied on-line for my Certificate of Entry over 2 weeks ago.  I uploaded Residence Cert, Insurance, passport, flight ticket and ASQ details - and my flight and ASQ is booked for this Thursday, 17 December, but my C of E status is still 'Waiting for Approval'.  Thai Embassy in Seoul does not answer the phone, called in and they said just wait, no more actions needed.

Anyone know how soon before a flight the C of E is normally issued?

The Thai Embassy in Switzerland said applications for a COE should be made 3 to 5 weeks prior planned travel date, and provided are requirements are met, the COE would be available within 3 working days. No idea why South Korea should be so much different.

13 hours ago, paddyfield7 said:

The Thai Embassy in Switzerland said applications for a COE should be made 3 to 5 weeks prior planned travel date, and provided are requirements are met, the COE would be available within 3 working days. No idea why South Korea should be so much different.

13 hours ago, nchuckle said:

That’s ridiculous. In UK I uploaded my details at 4 pm and had the certificate at 7 pm ! Also they responded to an email in about the same timespan.

Thank you for the replies.  Armed with this info I contacted the Embassy by email (phoning does not work, and when I called in person they tried to help, but the on-line system seems to be separate) - and I received the C of E an hour later.  

After all the unnecessary taxi and MRT trips and queuing at the Embassy, hospital and test centre, I was pleased, and surprised, my test was negative.  I wonder how many COVID clusters are caused by the COVID bureaucracy-pandemic?

Archived