New years holiday dates

kingstonkid

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Other than whats on the Calender, no.

With all the holidays they have been handing out New Years should be interesting?  It is interesting also that none of the schools have said anything yet so I guess we will wait until the last minute announcement LOL

9 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

It is interesting also that none of the schools have said anything yet so I guess we will wait until the last minute announcement

even working as a teacher working in schools I found they were always last minute announcements, (and not just holidays, Parents Meetings, et al) they are scared to put dates on paper to the main part in case something makes them change the dates and they lose face, or so it appeared to me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

even working as a teacher working in schools I found they were always last minute announcements, (and not just holidays, Parents Meetings, et al) they are scared to put dates on paper to the main part in case something makes them change the dates and they lose face, or so it appeared to me.

Yeah I was there when I taught in schools.  Show up and they tell you that you are not teaching today or that your classes have been cancelled because they have a sports day or something.

In this case though it is not the schools problem it is the GOVERNMENT not announcing anything yet.  It will be interesting for schools as if they do only the 3 days before then we are looking at kids and businesses supposedly open for 1 day.

Figure the odds.

Edited by kingstonkid

22 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

We will see how many people are killed on the roads...

Definitely more than the years that the 31st and 1st are not public holidays on............Ohh snap, they are always public holidays and if fall on a weekend a substitute day is scheduled..

Stop ya moaning about public holidays.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 8:30 PM, Techno Viking said:

You say that like it is a bad thing.

For those who work, a four day weekend is generally a good thing.

For those who don't work, but have children or grandchildren of school age, it's generally a good thing - can go on a short family holiday, or just spend time with them at home.

For those who don't work, and have no young children, it's generally a bad thing, as two normally quiet days of the week are filled with more traffic and noisy holiday makers.

(I fall in the second category, so am looking forward to it).

Edited by ballpoint