Just a word of advice: Don't use Fedex/TNT for important shipments if you live on the islands

I live on Koh Phangan and ordered some urgent stuff from China and decided to use Fedex.

Package was cleared by customs on Saturday at 8 am, but due to sluggishness of the Fedex/TNT network in Thailand it is due to be delivered only on Wednesday:

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/?action=track&cntry_code=en&tracknumbers=928237592921

That is 4 days.

Kerry delivers from Bangkok in less than 24 hours. 

Thai Post delivers from Bangkok in less than 48 hours.

But <deleted> Fedex/TNT is special. They need 4 days.

Thank you for your consideration.

For future reference, for stuff from as nearby as China, simple EMS is usually faster and cheaper. The only international courier company with anything close to a nationwide delivery service in Thailand is DHL. FedEx is sparse, TNR scarcer than hen's teeth and UPS is non-existent. In most all cases, the 'last mile' is invariably done by regular Thailand Post. If you're on any of the islands, it's like being in Hawaii when it comes to shipping.

FWIW, I ordered some non-urgent stuff on lazada on 2 December that came from China and was delivered in deepest Isaan on 12 December.

One thing to take into account is the effect that Covid is having on air transport. Lots of delays are down to lack of planes going where you want them to go.

I live on Koh Samui and I always prefer Fedex over others. (In the past, DHL have asked me for import taxes - no receipt given.)

For urgent International stuff, the homegrown EMS/Recorded delivery ....whatever, is usually the most reliable.