Any decent dining left in Patong?

Can samui

Hi folks, Samui resident here heading over for a bike trip next month and need to pick locals taste buds.

Last trip over there were still a couple of my favorites open but Naughty Nuris has moved and Lucky13 is closed so was wondering if anyone has any recommendations around Patong.

Thanks in advance troops.

best bet is head to central mall and eat there, lots of choices

there a few struggling eateries open in Patong

or head to kamala and eat in one of the 5 restaurants open on the beach  ????

PS: Kamala has more going on than Patong

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Can samui said:

Hi folks, Samui resident here heading over for a bike trip next month and need to pick locals taste buds.

Last trip over there were still a couple of my favorites open but Naughty Nuris has moved and Lucky13 is closed so was wondering if anyone has any recommendations around Patong.

Thanks in advance troops.

DeMorenos italain restaurant has the best pizza in all of Phuket.

It should be open and its on Nania Road in Patong....

Pizzeria Da Moreno Patong
128 Nanai Rd, Pa Tong, Kathu District, Phuket 83150, Thailand
+66 80 717 6835
https://goo.gl/maps/aezXrRhDReVEHi1x8

Also try sundowners and food at Vanila Sky Bar at the Cape Sienna Hotel in Kamala. It has happy hour 5-6pm. Best sunset view restaurant/bar in all of Phuket.

Edited by ChasingTheSun
  • Like 2

Here are some current Patong eating options:

More restaurants are open on Nanai road. Nearly all places on the beach road, second, and third roads are closed. Restaurants do come and go (mostly go). Almost all have a Facebook presence so you should take a look to see if they are still open and running any specials. 

• Like 1

'Also try sundowners and food at Vanila Sky Bar at the Cape Sienna Hotel in Kamala. It has happy hour 5-6pm. Best sunset view restaurant/bar in all of Phuket."

This time of year the the sun goes down behind the hills behind CS>  So sunset from Cape Sienna not that good IMHO >

It will be a lot better view from the Novotel in Kamala ,Their HH is from 6-8 I think and a lot cheaper than CS.

Boat Bar, Smile Bar and Lillo Island on the beach great for sundowners too.

Personally think you will be better off in Kamala for restaurants and bars than Patong. Loads of restaurants open and many doing "special offers"  

Agree that the pizzas in Da Moreno (on Nanai Rd) are excellent, and Salute Italian restaurant is open in Soi Patong Resort (just off Bangla Rd...Salute - Italian Restaurant (ristosalute.com) with good food, and near a few bars.

Also the restaurant at Hotel Indigo (hotel indigo phuket patong restaurant - Google Search) has some good dining specials on offer of up to 50% off.

Do yourself a favour and head down to Kata Villa Restaurant (check fb page) its got great food, its cheap as chips and always has lots of specials. They also have a duet singing from about 530pm every night. Free cool water, tea and coffee. They have locals coming from all over Phuket and no I am not the owner, just a very happy patron.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AUSSIE BOB said:

Do yourself a favour and head down to Kata Villa Restaurant (check fb page) its got great food, its cheap as chips and always has lots of specials. They also have a duet singing from about 530pm every night. Free cool water, tea and coffee. They have locals coming from all over Phuket and no I am not the owner, just a very happy patron.

Mmmm .... eaten there a few times last couple of months (as few other places in Kata). Yes cheap. But food of the fast food variety. I gave up a month ago. Other better places as listed in previous posts.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Mmmm .... eaten there a few times last couple of months (as few other places in Kata). Yes cheap. But food of the fast food variety. I gave up a month ago. Other better places as listed in previous posts.

Over a lifetime of eating out, it long became obvious to me that their are two distinct types of consumer.

Those who aspire to a fine dining experience with interesting and quality food, and those for whom value for their buck is most important and who would rarely try anything outside their comfort zone.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

there's a few places on the beach road that have sea view rooms,  around 1,000 baht/night

some even have pools. There also places on the main road for around 600.

Kamala downtown area is easily walk-able and close to the bars, which are mainly on the main road

Just show up and look around, wont take ya but 15 minutes to get what ya want

The only resorts i see doing good business are the novotel and intercontinental on the beach with the hi so thai's

30 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

there's a few places on the beach road that have sea view rooms,  around 1,000 baht/night

some even have pools. There also places on the main road for around 600.

Kamala downtown area is easily walk-able and close to the bars, which are mainly on the main road

Just show up and look around, wont take ya but 15 minutes to get what ya want

The only resorts i see doing good business are the novotel and intercontinental on the beach with the hi so thai's

Thanks, any specifics would be great. No views needed so yes...cheap, cheap, cheap!

On 12/16/2020 at 11:18 AM, xylophone said:

Agree that the pizzas in Da Moreno (on Nanai Rd) are excellent, and Salute Italian restaurant is open in Soi Patong Resort (just off Bangla Rd...Salute - Italian Restaurant (ristosalute.com) with good food, and near a few bars.

Also the restaurant at Hotel Indigo (hotel indigo phuket patong restaurant - Google Search) has some good dining specials on offer of up to 50% off.

Confirm that Da Moreno is currently the best Italian in Patong, sadly it's empty most of time like all other restaurants... Their pizza and pasta are excellent and authentic, and Tiramisu is heavenly... Found it by luck after favorite Napoli closed permanently due to Covid (but it turned out that less famous Da Moreno is actually more delicious!)... Now a regular customer, and we even order it by Grab all the way from Patong to Kata :-)))

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sallecc said:

Confirm that Da Moreno is currently the best Italian in Patong, sadly it's empty most of time like all other restaurants... Their pizza and pasta are excellent and authentic, and Tiramisu is heavenly... Found it by luck after favorite Napoli closed permanently due to Covid (but it turned out that less famous Da Moreno is actually more delicious!)... Now a regular customer, and we even order it by Grab all the way from Patong to Kata :-)))

Really - Gran Patong tp Kata.  How is the food on arrival. ?? Might try this.

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

Really - Gran Patong tp Kata.  How is the food on arrival. ?? Might try this.

Not bad at all! ???? If you get fast Grab driver with big food box, pizza will arrive perfect fresh and hot!

If driver is slow, or even worse if his food box can't fit pizza inside, it will arrive mild... but never cold.

(most important is storage box size, if pizza can't fit then they just top it outside... on the cold wind)

After few bad cases, I found a Grab guy who can do Nanai to Kata in 11 minutes (I tried myself on Aerox at night zero traffic, and I couldn't do faster), he has a big storage box perfect for pizza, and... now I only use him, he's happy with his regular tips, and I'm happy with my fresh hot pizza delivered from another town ???? If you like I can PM you his Line.

Another plus is Da Moreno always keeps his wood fire oven on until 11:30pm... perfect for late night pizza lovers.

On 12/16/2020 at 2:21 PM, LivinginKata said:

I agree with both of you guys... Food in Kata Villa is not so great, but can't beat the price and atmosphere, whenever I drive by it's full of people and has nice quiet live music, first time I saw it I was surprised (almost all other restaurants in Kata, Karon and even Patong are empty, those few which are still open, really sad)... P.S. Are there any other places doing well (except the malls)? (planning to take my parents to a nice dinner, but it's really depressing to be the only table served)

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 5:11 PM, Can samui said:

Ok...you guys got me.

Might reroute to Kamala, looking for a hotel, reasonable price(probably just passing out there anyway) with secure parking for the bikes close to bars and restaurants.

All recommendations appreciated.

Cheers

That'll probably elevate your choice of restaurants by 1 or 2.

Better off heading to Rawai or Nai Harn, still a semblance of night life.

Edited by beechbum

17 hours ago, xylophone said:

A rather sweeping generalisation Old Croc – – are you still taking those grumpy pills!

I would say there are quite a few different types of consumer, but no need to go into that now, but if one was interested in a "fine dining experience with interesting and quality food", just whereabouts in Patong would one find it?

I also have a lifetime experience of eating out in some of the finest restaurants anywhere, including Michelin star ones in France, the UK and Australia, and being a vice president (director) of American Express, expense was no object, in fact I was encouraged to eat at the finest restaurants and most always did.

I don't ever recall there being much in the way of fine dining here in Patong, although I have eaten in Sam's, Higher, K hotel and the Ninth Floor, but even those tend to fall short of a "fine dining experience" to be had elsewhere in the world.

Anyway for what it's worth the original poster has just stated that the place needs to be "cheap, cheap, cheap".......so I guess that fine dining wasn't on his menu in the first place!!!

What sort of pills are you taking to completely misread my thoughts on restaurant habits based on people I have dined with over a lifetime? Also, how do you reconcile calling someone a derogatory name for stating a simple opinion, there is a word for the way you did that.

I simply gave my opinion that people dining out fall into two main categories. People for whom quality is most important and those more concerned about price. My thoughts were prompted by two other posters who had different opinions about one particular place. I am mystified as to why you felt the need to take up the cudgels against me

I certainly wasn't trying to big note myself by comparing great restaurants I have visited, and my generalisation was driven mainly by my lack of current knowledge of places in your precious Patong. I never stated it was a place for fine dining.

Your last sentence seems to echo the sentiments I expressed.

• 2 months later...