How do you get the 60 day extension based on marriage?

Hi

I'm in Thailand on a 90 days non-immigrant O visa based on marriage. I plan on getting a 60 days extension before I get my 1 year extension based on marriage (need some more time to get my documents sorted). I'm in Bangkok. 

How do I get this 60 days extension and what documents are needed? 

Do I get the extension the same day or do I need to wait? 

7 minutes ago, TPDH said:

How do I get this 60 days extension and what documents are needed? 

You wife will need to be with you when you apply. Your marriage certificate and a copy of it. Copies of your wife's house book registru and ID card. Also best to have a up to date printout of you Kor Ror marriage registry from a Amphoe or Khet.

You will also need proof of your residence.

Plus a copy of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

7 minutes ago, TPDH said:

Do I get the extension the same day or do I need to wait? 

Same day you apply.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You wife will need to be with you when you apply. Your marriage certificate and a copy of it. Copies of your wife's house book registru and ID card. Also best to have a up to date printout of you Kor Ror marriage registry from a Amphoe or Khet.

You will also need proof of your residence.

Plus a copy of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Same day you apply.

Thank you. Our marriage certificate is from the US (in English), will that be accepted? We haven't gotten our Kor Ror 22 yet or translated the marriage certificate to Thai. 

For proof of residence, is our rental agreement enough? 

35 minutes ago, TPDH said:

Thank you. Our marriage certificate is from the US (in English), will that be accepted?

It should be accepted. If not you could get the 60 day covid 19 extension.

The legalization of it, translation to Thai and certification by the Department of Consular Affairs for the registry at an Amphoe will be needed to apply for the one year extension.

35 minutes ago, TPDH said:

For proof of residence, is our rental agreement enough? 

Yes

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 6:59 PM, ubonjoe said:

It should be accepted. If not you could get the 60 day covid 19 extension.

The legalization of it, translation to Thai and certification by the Department of Consular Affairs for the registry at an Amphoe will be needed to apply for the one year extension.

Yes

Do you know if the TM30 will be needed? We lived in a Condo for 2 months already but not sure the owner has filed the TM30. 

8 minutes ago, TPDH said:

Do you know if the TM30 will be needed? We lived in a Condo for 2 months already but not sure the owner has filed the TM30. 

It can depend upon the immigration office where your applyf for the extension.

You or your wife could a complete TM30 report dependent which name is on the rental agreement.