Bangkok to Huahin via coastal Rd.

alx123

Planning to do this route on my 250.

Anyone have any experience going this route?

Any advice on the best places for stop-overs and sight seeing along this road?

What should be the best route going back to BKK?

Also, if there's any reasons why I should use Highway No.4 instead,please let me know. 

Thanks

huahin.jpg

• Haha 1

Thanks but I live near Rama 2, so route 35 is the best way for me to start the trip I guess. Besides, I prefer to stay on the frontage road, which Rama 2 has.

Saw Rama 2 while on a bus last month, didn't seem to have a lot of construction there at the moment.

I'm more concerned about which way is preferable after highway 35, is it Route 4 to Huahin or the Highway 2021(coastal)? 

Edited by alx123

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Interesting route.  If you do it, can you post how it went back here?  I might do this in January!!

Sure I will. Will probably do this before New Year, we'll see. 

3 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

This was a part of a trip I did on my PCX in 2015. You might read more about it (including maps of the way) at this page.

That was an awesome read. Thanks for sharing.

32 minutes ago, nofarang said:

This is a very nice route. i did it often. You may stop in Klong Khone where the road ends at a waterway going out into the open sea. Jump on a boat to feed the wild living monkeys in the mangroves. Go back to route 2021. Stop by in Bang Tabun, cross the bridge, right after there is a restaurant lying in the mouth of the phetchaburi river. Follow the road to Baan Laem. When you see the municipal office (big building) turn left until the end of the road, visit a village on stilts in the sea and a restaurant (beware the monkeys). Go back to the main road. This town is full of big temples. The finishing industry here has made people rich and so look the temples. when you go out of town do not follow the road to petchaburi. turn left to road 4028. this is a very beautiful route, called tourist route, very well developed, many salt farms and old salt stacks. stop in laem pak bia at a water treatment plant. wastewater from Petchaburi is treated here in big ponds, there is some wildlife to see, lots of birs and big lizards. Behind the ponds there is a mangrove forest, a way on stilts is going through until the sa. Follow the road to had chao samran, there is a small aquatic  museum  displaying a whale skeleton. follow the road to cha am, stop by at puek tian beach (had puek tian) where you see strange skulptures in the sea. Lots of rotten buildings from the bankruptcy years 1997... when you follow this route you may want to have some more time as usual. It is very nice and a lot of things can be seen, it is not a route for rush.

Thank you! this sounds awesome. I may need to plot this on my map.

• Like 1

I've done it a few times, though not in a few years. Funny enough I'm taking this route tomorrow!

It's good. Better than the alternative at least. As someone else said - you can follow the "scenic route" signs. Or maybe they are called "rural roads"? Either way, from what I recall they were in acceptable condition. Not great but TiT.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, revgreen said:

I've done it a few times, though not in a few years. Funny enough I'm taking this route tomorrow!

It's good. Better than the alternative at least. As someone else said - you can follow the "scenic route" signs. Or maybe they are called "rural roads"? Either way, from what I recall they were in acceptable condition. Not great but TiT.

Let us know how was it after your ride. TIA

I did the drive one week ago and then returned the same way today.

Lovely road, fun turns. We didn't make any stops today (for obvious reasons) but there was nothing out of the ordinary. One checkpoint at the border of Samut Songkram / Sakhon but we were waived right through. They were only looking at buses/trucks for migrants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1