Car Rental Samui

I know a guy who has a large motorbike rental shop. In Lamai. I think he has some cars too. Really decent guy. No games. No BS. It was a pleasure dealing with him, on a recent trip there. His name is Matteo. I believe it is Vasanna Rentals. Number is 092-4471605. Enjoy. Samui is very quiet now, and alot cheaper than before. 

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I know a guy who has a large motorbike rental shop. In Lamai. I think he has some cars too. Really decent guy. No games. No BS. It was a pleasure dealing with him, on a recent trip there. His name is Matteo. I believe it is Vasanna Rentals. Number is 092-4471605. Enjoy. Samui is very quiet now, and alot cheaper than before. 

I think Matteo has bikes only, but give him a try.

Otherwise, send me a message, I also have a bike and car rental company.

You can whatsapp me on +66890546271

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Heading for Samui towards the end of January for about 6 weeks (escaping the burn season).  Need a car for about 3 days when I get there and maybe 1 or 2 days during my stay after that.  Any suggestions?

There are several major car renters – including "Budget", if I remember right – where you can be sure about full insurance etc.

Opposite Bandon Hospital next BigC in Bo Phut is a big rental shop, "Fanta Group Car", with everything from affordable vehicles to light make face cars like convertible BMWs.

Often they can deliver the car to your accommodation/hotel, or to the airport.

It is easier for us to help if you tell us where on the island you are staying.

There are good, reliable reantal people in most towns/villages.

eg I can help you if you are staying in Bangrak, Plai Laem or Choengmon, then I can help, but if you are staying at Lipa Noi, sorry, not a clue.

Just do not hand over your passport. Whether you are staying in a hotel or a villa, it is likely that you will need to show your passport in order to provide TM 30 details for immigration.

As khunPer says - some good deals at the airport as well. Avis, Sixt, etc

• Like 1

Thai rent  a car, Sixt, and a couple  of other majors have setups near the  airport. Try  googling them. You might  get some  deals  with the current situation.

Edit. Just noticed khunPer has provided similar info already.

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1