Anyone uses 3BB GigaTV?

MoD1977

• 6 months later...
21 hours ago, stament said:

Good question, I am thinking of switching to 3BB.

The box is weird, it only has 2.0 sound - and I have media player software, the picture is really dull, I could change the settings on the TV but the live TV, bluray and fireTV are fine on my TV.

I have never watched any of the western movie channels - its better to DL and get the 5.1 experience.

The missus seems happy enough with the Thai TV for the little she uses it, we moved from true satellite which we paid for, to free AIS which we ran on an app installed on the TV - this was always out of sync, so we took the box.

I would check that you can install the HBO and 3BB live TV app on a better quality android box but you are still only going to get 2.0 sound.

On 12/16/2020 at 6:54 PM, MoD1977 said:

has anyone uses their new packages with GigaTV and can tell me their opinion?

Why?

35bht/month on my 3BB subscription gives me MonoMax and HBO Go.

35bht/month on my AIS Sim card gives me Disney+ Hotstar.

• Confused 1

I got it as part of my 1000/500 package. It works OK, nothing special but it works.

I have had 3BB for about 3 years now in the wife's name, They offered her this box as free and with it we got an upgrade on the router.

Wife is happy works well for her.

It is connected to the (Android)TV by an HDMI cable which is included,engineer who delivered it set it up.

Edited by elfpattaya

4 hours ago, recom273 said:

The box is weird, it only has 2.0 sound - and I have media player software, the picture is really dull, I could change the settings on the TV but the live TV, bluray and fireTV are fine on my TV.

I have never watched any of the western movie channels - its better to DL and get the 5.1 experience.

The missus seems happy enough with the Thai TV for the little she uses it, we moved from true satellite which we paid for, to free AIS which we ran on an app installed on the TV - this was always out of sync, so we took the box.

I would check that you can install the HBO and 3BB live TV app on a better quality android box but you are still only going to get 2.0 sound.

thanks what is DL?

i just got one- its not too bad .its got BBC news ,HBO ,HBO hits,hbo signature,bbc life etc

picture quality seems ok.it only works on 3bb wifi,so you cant use your phone 's hotspot..

only catch up available on blue ant channel,which is a shame.but it is cheap..

2 hours ago, DTL2014 said:

i just got one- its not too bad .its got BBC news ,HBO ,HBO hits,hbo signature,bbc life etc

picture quality seems ok.it only works on 3bb wifi,so you cant use your phone 's hotspot..

only catch up available on blue ant channel,which is a shame.but it is cheap..

is it possible to use your own box or do you have to take theirs?

I only got it for the BBC World News feed. It works OK but the supplied box is cr@p. The GigaTV app is not available on my Android TV (Sony Bravia) so I'm forced to use the 3bb box but it's good enough. It's a far better arrangement than TrueVisions and it's beyond me how they're still in business.

10 hours ago, DTL2014 said:

It only works on 3bb wifi,so you cant use your phone 's hotspot

Yes it will, it'll work on any Thai ISP. I've tested from True, CAT, ToT and DTAC (Yes, I have them all)

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly

Had true for years ,and its expensive rubbish,we already had 3bb so got the tv  box free and lots of channels,but to be honest only wanted it for the news channels which are good ,also the wife likes the brit nature channel,well worth the money which is vey little

Edited by bert bloggs