Fiona Apple: 'I finally believed myself. It felt great'

snoop1130

Fiona Apple: 'I finally believed myself. It felt great'

By Laura Snapes

3088.jpg

Fiona Apple: ‘I wonder how I would have enjoyed my whole career if I’d been able to do it by myself.’ Photograph: Fiona Apple/PR

Over two interviews and more text messages, our artist of the year unpacks her album Fetch the Bolt Cutters – and explains how she finally found compassion for herself after trauma and bullying

The album has meant so much to people this year. Did you know you had made something extraordinary? Did finishing it feel different to finishing other records?

Not really. The big feeling I have with records is: it’s there, it feels right. With this record we had a couple of stops in between. I started everything over once and then over again feeling like it wasn’t going in the right direction.

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/dec/18/fiona-apple-i-finally-believed-myself-it-felt-great

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I checked out a  few  entries of youtube  . You may have  quite a  good  voice  but sadly the "genre" if it is  one  has no appeal to me. In fact it seems to confirm the opinion of  musical "experts" that  as time goes on the more modern music deteriorates into primitive  noise.

Maybe I am just  too old ?

• Like 1