visa on arrival and apply for non immigrant -O-?

2 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

Would it work to enter with a visa on arrival, since they are again available since yesterday and then apply again for a non immigrant O visa once in Thailand (the same I have had before) ?

Would I need a COE?

2 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

Would it work to enter with a visa on arrival, since they are again available since yesterday and then apply again for a non immigrant O visa once in Thailand (the same I have had before) ?

Would I need a COE?

You would still need all documents, Coe, covid insurance, asq hotel, confirmation,t8 and declaration form at check-in at airport before your departure..

You would not be able to apply for a non-o visa entry with a 15 day visa on arrival and they are not available at this time.

I assume you mean a 30 day visa exempt entry. Unless they allow a 45 day entry as proposed you will need to apply for the 30 day extension of it to do the application since you need at least 15 days remaining on your entry.

14 hours ago, Maestro said:

Does your nationality qualify you for the visa waiver? From what I read, it is limited to two or three countries at the moment.

I am of German nationality......30 day visa exempt entry and 30 days extension would be great...

11 minutes ago, GeKoSc said:

I am of German nationality......30 day visa exempt entry and 30 days extension would be great...

You get a certificate of entry and enter visa exempt. It will a 30 day (or 45 days when approved ) visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days.

If only 30 days you would have apply for the 30 day extension after quarantine to meet the 15 days remaining requirement to apply for a 90 day non-o visa at immigration.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You get a certificate of entry and enter visa exempt. It will a 30 day (or 45 days when approved ) visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days.

If only 30 days you would have apply for the 30 day extension after quarantine to meet the 15 days remaining requirement to apply for a 90 day non-o visa at immigration.

Do I need to show payment receipt for post quarantine accommodations? I have asked the embassy two times which airlines are allowed to enter Thailand from Vietnam airports but have not received any reply as to this issue. Who else can give me this information?

38 minutes ago, GeKoSc said:

Do I need to show payment receipt for post quarantine accommodations? I have asked the embassy two times which airlines are allowed to enter Thailand from Vietnam airports but have not received any reply as to this issue.

There is not require to show proof of accommodations to get a certificate of entry for a visa exempt entry shown on some embassy website.

I suggest you try contacting the consulate in Ho Chi Minh City. They may be more help than the embassy.

Link: https://hochiminh.thaiembassy.org/en/index

They have more info on their website than the embassy in Hanoi,

It appears that Vietjet is only airline do the flights to Bangkok.

Edit: I suggest you try starting a COE application here: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

If in the southern part of Vietnam you would choose Ho Chi Minh City. If not Hanoi.

That might be a good way to start so they reply to your requests for info.

Archived