returning to thailand

The situation in malaysia any better......i flew into kl last january before the covid nightmare began and thereafter couldnt crposs the border                                                                                                                                                                      

38 minutes ago, solomon david said:

i flew into bangkok(from cambodia)on march 9th and was stuck there for over 6 months before i could get a return to europr

How is the entry situation at the moment as ideally i would like to return in january for up to 3 months/

Currently everyone entering Thailand needs to obtain a Certificate Of Entry (COE) from a Thai embassy or consulate and undergo a 14 day hotel quarantine upon arrival in the country. There are a myriad of requirements to be satisfied before a COE will be issued.

Returning to Thailand is now possible. However, it is expensive (various reasons) and involves a strict 14-night quarantine in an approved hotel. Unless you have a compelling reason to return, wait a few months to see how events develop.

Entering Malaysia remains difficult, with quite a few Covid-19 hotspots in the country. A worse option than Thailand.

The chances of returning now seem to be ok, but check back tomorrow after the new Covid numbers are posted because of the current superspreading event.  Lockdowns are going into effect and the New Years Holiday celebrations have been now canceled in Bangkok.

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The chances of returning now seem to be ok, but check back tomorrow after the new Covid numbers are posted because of the current superspreading event.  Lockdowns are going into effect and the New Years Holiday celebrations have been now canceled in Bangkok.

Also Bang Saen countdown. Along with others.

Thinking a storm is brewing. Thailand seemed to dodge the bullet previously.

Currently Sydney has cluster (from overseas arrivals) and state governments closing borders.

Isn't germany now in lockdown. USA situation. Reading stuff about Japan '3rd wave' etc etc. 

Archived