Active Speed (as Advertised On Tv)

I looked at the "Active Speed" downloadable program as advertised here. Well acutally I downloaded it. It promises great increases in internet connection speeds. Of course for it to fully function one must cough up $39.95USD.

Has anyone actually used this? Does it work? Advertised on Thai Visa, must be good Na?? :o

There are ways to optimise your connection for better data handling but you don't have to pay $40 for it.

The free version of Tweakmaster works great but a little work on your part is needed to test for the best result.

Advanced Windows Care will tweak your network connections, among many other things with a single click.

Firetune will speed up firefox for you.

Don't know about that, but I have a very fine bridge to sell ya, good condition, reasonable price. PM if interested

:o

ps: No, it's not going to work.

You can use programs like Flashget for downloading which may or may not increase downloading speed. I have been using it on my TOT DSL where it maxed out the international bandwidth - I got 1Mbit/sec (~100KB/sec) internationally vs. 1/3rd of that at normal downloads. But that's only because TOT is technically incompetent so their bandwidth shaping doesn't really work. I expect them to fix that any day now.

On TRUE, Flashget doesn't go any faster than normal downloads, which is good.

Don't know about that, but I have a very fine bridge to sell ya, good condition, reasonable price. PM if interested

You can use programs like Flashget for downloading which may or may not increase downloading speed. I have been using it on my TOT DSL where it maxed out the international bandwidth - I got 1Mbit/sec (~100KB/sec) internationally vs. 1/3rd of that at normal downloads. But that's only because TOT is technically incompetent so their bandwidth shaping doesn't really work. I expect them to fix that any day now.

Programs like Flashget, can make downloads faster, but don't increase actual "connection speed". They download files more efficiently, usually by just breaking the file into several pieces, and then downloading the pieces simultaneously. So tho u get the file faster, but the time for one byte to travel from point A to point B is the same.

:D

Programs like Flashget, can make downloads faster, but don't increase actual "connection speed". They download files more efficiently, usually by just breaking the file into several pieces, and then downloading the pieces simultaneously. So tho u get the file faster, but the time for one byte to travel from point A to point B is the same.

Snakeoil. There are no way around it, to get higher speed you need bigger tubes, simple as that.

Actually there's a whole host of settings that can be tweaked to make your modem transfer data more efficiently depending on the type of connection you have. MTU, RWIN value, segment size, etc.

They don't change the speed of the line, but they do increase the speed that you can utilize from it. When the above settings are incorrect, as they often are because each connection has so many variables, it can slow down speeds considerably.