Dual Sim ( 1 eSim) iPhone 12 Pro Max

pattayapip

I Bought a Physical XS Dual Sim iPhone from HongKong a while ago
Wanting now to upgrade to the 12 Pro and hoping to buy here in Thailand and change my Sim to an eSim therefore leaving physical sim tray for my extra Sim Cards i use when travelling ?
eSim i think is available yes ? Can you get 5g eSim Plan with unlimted data or at least 50GB perMonth ? Or at Least 4g Unlimited ? AIS Preferably Transfer my existing Number

14 minutes ago, pattayapip said:

I Bought a Physical XS Dual Sim iPhone from HongKong a while ago
Wanting now to upgrade to the 12 Pro and hoping to buy here in Thailand and change my Sim to an eSim therefore leaving physical sim tray for my extra Sim Cards i use when travelling ?
eSim i think is available yes ? Can you get 5g eSim Plan with unlimted data or at least 50GB perMonth ? Or at Least 4g Unlimited ? AIS Preferably Transfer my existing Number

https://www.ais.co.th/esim/

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pattayapip said:

eSim i think is available yes ?

Yes. Has to be setup in an AIS service shop

Can you get 5g eSim Plan

Yes.

can you use 5g? It depends on exactly where you are, in 99% of Thailand probably no.

Or at Least 4g Unlimited ?

Probably, call 1175 the website is confusing, the call Center workers are superb and extremely helpful 

AIS Preferably Transfer my existing Number

No problem, if you qualify.

B69D6C04-5F90-4C12-B887-486ADFFEFD73.jpeg.8d4c8c4d884ed4f165aca0c00ebe9c21.jpeg

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

FYI: I was told i could move my SIM to eSIM at AIS, but required to bring my passport in to do it.  Since I've already registered with my passport, who knows why they need it again but hey we know the answer to that.

I Just bought the New 12 Pro Max Dual Sim ???? Hong Kong Model, saves the messing around and uncertainty
Working fine with both Sim Cards Now

Will look again next upgrade

Thanks for the replies though, always appreciated

15 minutes ago, pattayapip said:

I Just bought the New 12 Pro Max Dual Sim ???? Hong Kong Model, saves the messing around and uncertainty
Working fine with both Sim Cards Now

Will look again next upgrade

Thanks for the replies though, always appreciated

Yeah, that eSIM stuff sounds great in concept, but in reality it sounds like a big hassle.

23 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Yeah, that eSIM stuff sounds great in concept, but in reality it sounds like a big hassle.

What is the problem that you imagine? Both my iPhone and my wife’s phones use the eSIM. My phone has a second number on a real SIM.
The only difference is that you need to visit a store to activate the eSIM in the phone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 9:13 AM, sometimewoodworker said:

What is the problem that you imagine? Both my iPhone and my wife’s phones use the eSIM. My phone has a second number on a real SIM.
The only difference is that you need to visit a store to activate the eSIM in the phone.

Can you make and receive calls on both numbers? Like if you are on a call, and your other number calls can you put one on hold and pick up the other?

Right now I have an AIS sim for Thailand and a Mint sim for the US and I use two phones...

Don’t do it, it sucks. 

The experience is nowhere near what you get with your physical dual SIM. Trust me, I’ve been there and despised it. 

Every year I get the newest iPhone model (need it for work anyway), and no matter where I am I get it from mainland China. The physical dual SIM is amazing, trust me.

Edited by ctxa

12 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Can you make and receive calls on both numbers?

Absolutely 35BA4362-8202-485D-8C7F-D759695629E7.thumb.png.6848142050780c975cf7708a4f8f8786.png

there would be no point if you couldn’t.

Like if you are on a call, and your other number calls can you put one on hold and pick up the other?

I don’t know about that but would think that you must be able to do that.

I get and make very few calls, but SWMBO does so she would know about that.

PS. SWMBO has just come in and said “of course you can”

Right now I have an AIS sim for Thailand and a Mint sim for the US and I use two phones...

In your use case I would decide which was used most and get that one put onto the e-sim.

9 hours ago, ctxa said:

The experience is nowhere near what you get with your physical dual SIM. Trust me, I’ve been there and despised it. 

What is the difference? Sure if you have a use case for swapping out SIMs I can see that but most people don’t ever need that.

The only reason I have 2 numbers is that I have a prepaid number that has been mine for about 25 years, then got an iPhone SE in May for the CarPlay function so got a post pay discount package for the data for that. This year my Samsung Hero battery got so bad that I put both numbers on the iPhone 

Edited by sometimewoodworker