AIS SMS Text to USA?

SurfRider

Does anyone know the current  specific format for sending an SMS (text) message on an AIS Mobile Phone from Thailand to USA? 

I've found various examples on TV dating back as far as 10 years - all vary on specifics and don't work with my phone.

Thanks in advance for anyone who knows the current AIS SMS (Text) message format.

This is the most complete manual I can find currently:
   https://www.ais.co.th/roaming/en/Interroaming_manual-en.pdf

Page 22 suggests you just use the normal +CountryCode AreaCode Number. I believe the issue is that you must sign up for their international package in order for it to work.

Myself, I simply put a little money in Skype and use Skype to send SMS to the States. I also pay for a US phone number, which rings Skype on all of my devices when someone calls that US number. It has the added advantage that people can send SMS to my US number, and I receive that SMS message in Skype. The combination of the US Phone number with the US unlimited call time package has been an affordable solution that I cannot live without.

timendres,

Thanks for the information.  I saw that manual before - it's about signing up for a roaming service.

All I need is to send one SMS/Text to the USA right now, so your Skype and US Phone Number options wouldn't work for me.

I know it's just a simple matter of finding the correct format to send SMS from a Thai mobile to a US phone, but that format seems to be a well kept secret.

The AIS website is largely unintelligible and their "help" line is a voice mail jungle.