True SIM card problem

uli65

hello,

I can not receive SMS from Europe to my mobile phone any more!!!  Thai sms are still working normal.

the true shop has informed the IT department but they can not fix the problem for more than 1 week.

has somebody noticed the same problem???  I need this service for my online banking. they gave me new SIM already without any improvement.

I think the only way is to move my number to AIS, 

what is your thought, thanks

Was True, when you informed them of the problem, able to fix it temporarily?  From what you wrote it looks that is the case, and if so the problem lies indeed with them.

Note 1: You could also take a look whether your European bank provides other ways to have access to your account than via a sent SMS.

Note 2: Or maybe you could ask a friend/relative to send you a European SIM.  Or when you are in Europe again you could buy a pre-paid SIM there.  If you have a double-SIM mobile insert it next to your True sim, so that you have both True provider and European provider (obviously you would use that European one only for SMS, otherwise your credit on that one would erode quickly).  Or alternatively buy a cheap second-hand mobile and insert the European pre-paid SIM there. 

Edited by Peter Denis

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I have a True post paid SIM and on your behalf I have just accessed the HMRC web site. The SMS arrived in just 3 minutes. 

I don't need SMS for banking so I can't try that.

OP: If True can't fix it then move to AIS. I use AIS and no problem receiving texts from Europe.

Moonlover: Impressively, the HMRC allow one to add multiple numbers (including foreign) for SMS texts to login. I added my Thai number alongside my UK number and they give the choice of which number each time you want to login. Now if only the UK banks and other organisations would do the same... 

3 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

OP: If True can't fix it then move to AIS. I use AIS and no problem receiving texts from Europe.

Moonlover: Impressively, the HMRC allow one to add multiple numbers (including foreign) for SMS texts to login. I added my Thai number alongside my UK number and they give the choice of which number each time you want to login. Now if only the UK banks and other organisations would do the same... 

Nationwide won't even accept a none UK number. Fortunately they do offer the card reader as an alternative. And there's always the mobile app which I use almost exclusively now.

Get a UK sim? I have a dual sim phone 1 true sim and 1 uk sim, got all bases covered.

I would suggest you think about that for future. Then the issue cant arise and you never know when that uk number might come in handy.

(Uk sim is free and they"ll post it to you - search Giffgaff))

Just a suggestion.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

I did, and am much happier...AIS for the win...may get the 200 bt-month unlimited promo as well, which I did

To OP @uli65 > Yes, very good suggestion.  In case you need to switch to AIS to get the SMS-issue sorted out, do make sure that you make use of one of their promotions < e.g. the awesome 200 THB per month for unlimited data promo >

7 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

To OP @uli65 > Yes, very good suggestion.  In case you need to switch to AIS to get the SMS-issue sorted out, do make sure that you make use of one of their promotions < e.g. the awesome 200 THB per month for unlimited data promo >

Not sure if the offer still stands but worth a look--and I used my phone hotspot to stream movies on PC..fast! I got sim and promo at AIS at Big C on hang dong rd.....shop is as soon as you walk into mall..other end of BIg C

53 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Nationwide won't even accept a none UK number. Fortunately they do offer the card reader as an alternative. And there's always the mobile app which I use almost exclusively now.

I had the same problem with Nationwide, but if you write to them and ask via their private message system, they may change it to a Thai number, at least they did in my case. Worth a try.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tmoney said:

I had the same problem with Nationwide, but if you write to them and ask via their private message system, they may change it to a Thai number, at least they did in my case. Worth a try.

Thanks. I did try that earlier in the year and got straight 'niet'. Maybe they have changed their minds following the flak that they received back then.

Have you actually received an SMS from them via your Thai number?

Edited by Moonlover

58 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Thanks. I did try that earlier in the year and got straight 'niet'. Maybe they have changed their minds following the flak that they received back then.

Have you actually received an SMS from them via your Thai number?

Yes, and a phone call about someone stealing my CC details. The only downside was that they insisted on changing my primary address to the one here in Thailand whereas I really wanted to keep it as my UK home address. That means correspondence (rare) will now come here. They did send me a replacement credit card to my Thai address and was pleased it arrived safely in just less than three weeks.

Apologies for these off topic comments guys. Please be understanding.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, uli65 said:

thanks for your informations, I guess AIS  is my next move, I still have 430 baht on true and want to use it first.

I hope  this 200 bt promo is one more month

It's for at least six months; unlimited 4 Mbps. Unlimited 10 Mbps is 300 baht.

If you are living here long term, then it's cheaper to get the annual SIM for around 1900 baht. Works out to around 159 baht, as opposed to 300 per month.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ais-8mbps-12-i1836666017-s5551112366.html

DTAC even cheaper at 115 baht per month for unlimited 10 Mbps: DTAC unlimited 10 Mbps for 12 months @ 1339 to 1349 baht delivered: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-dtac-10mbps-1-12-a-lot-tech-i882116731-s1775722245.html

or

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/dtac-10mbps-unlimited-dtac-wpn-mobile-i1302368422-s3215372479.html

• Thanks 1