Dual Pricing in Phyathai Sriracha (Si Racha) Hospital

Yerrot

33 minutes ago, jt936 said:

Called Samitivej Hospital in Sri Racha. It costs 5800 for both Thais and falangs. So, no dual pricing there. At Phyatai it's 6990 for falangs.

what's the vaccine name, Shingrix or Zostavax, does the 5,800 covers both shots

Edited by Mavideol

I don’t know about other countries,  but in Australia non citizens (Thais and others) pay a heap more for public and private hospitals as they can not receive a Medicare card.

Which is fair enough IMO.

Thais also pay a lot more for education in Oz than citizens. 

Samitivej Hospital in Sri Racha Is a very good hospital, new and modern with a newly built large extension and the hottest nurse I have ever seen. (Ask for Mot Daeng.)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

I don’t know about other countries,  but in Australia non citizens (Thais and others) pay a heap more for public and private hospitals as they can not receive a Medicare card.

Which is fair enough IMO.

Thailand does not have a reciprocal health service with Australia such as the UK National Health Service etc. hence Thais have to pay. Which is fair.  

This matter under discussion is a private hospital charging more based on race and/or nationality, which is discrimination, and is illegal in Australia.

Edited by Mr Meeseeks
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, jt936 said:

The 5,800 is for 1 dose of Zostavax.

Zostavax is the only one available in most of Asia because the US does not sell it. Even Singapore doesn't have it, again the US does not met all the demand. Shingrix was approved for use in Australia in July 2018, but pharmaceutical company GSK said it couldn't make enough of the vaccine to meet world demand. You need to talk to someone who has had shingles and ask them if a 50% reduction in it is worth the money. I was told 'YES!!'

thanks for the feed back

I had singles last year, still have some left over pain and was thinking about getting the vaccine to avoid any potential future pain I heard about the Zostavax being the only one available here and it requires 2 doses, the overall rate of effectiveness for 2 doses is about 67% reducing it to 1 dose (in my opinion) may not be worth the trouble

On 12/26/2020 at 12:57 PM, Mavideol said:

heard about the Zostavax being the only one available here and it requires 2 doses, the overall rate of effectiveness for 2 doses is about 67% reducing it to 1 dose (in my opinion) may not be worth the trouble

The CDC recommends 1 dose. I don't see any info for 2 doses of Zostavax.

In clinical trials Zostavax recipients age 50 and older had a 51% overall reduction in shingles and less severe illness when shingles did occur compared with placebo recipients.

Would it be worth it to have a 51% reduction/less severe case of shingles?