Do You Drink And Drive?

chanchao

Do you get behind the wheel after having a few?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

QUOTE (andyinkat @ Fri 2004-06-18, 21:01:07)

Wandering off topic a little with this one, but I'm curious.

Thai women who don't drink at all: are there many BGs or who work in that mileau who are teetotal?

In non-BG society is it common for Thai women to drink or is it regarded as indecent?

And amongst men - the fifth Buddhist precept if non-consumption of intoxicants. Are there many non-monks who abide by this strictly?

Also, if you'll tolerate spinning even further off topic, how many BG/ex-BG/non BG women are non-smokers? 

Are you serious?

Yes Begs, I am. :-)

I rock up in LoS (to live and work) in a few weeks and I just want to get an accurate picture to prepare myself.

Answer pleases?

Wandering off topic a little with this one, but I'm curious.

1. Thai women who don't drink at all: are there many BGs or who work in that mileau who are teetotal?

2. In non-BG society is it common for Thai women to drink or is it regarded as indecent?

3. And amongst men - the fifth Buddhist precept if non-consumption of intoxicants. Are there many non-monks who abide by this strictly?

4. Also, if you'll tolerate spinning even further off topic, how many BG/ex-BG/non BG women are non-smokers?

1. Yes, but there are other options

2. Both, in different contexts

3. No

4. Quite a few

This might have crossed paths while posting. Answers brief but serious.

Begs Posted on Fri 2004-06-18, 13:24:28

QUOTE (Yohan @ Fri 2004-06-18, 17:56:45)

Do you know why? Shall I explain now everybody on this forum every single reason, why I do not post anything in the FARANG GIRLS section?  

Here go's

Why Yohan, why do you not post?  

Pan to girl running in slow motion, her hands outstretched, a pleading look in her eyes. "nooooooooo Begs, nooooooooo, don't doooo iiiiitttttt" :o

Mrs. Boo,

I do not post anything in the FARANG GIRLS section - And I did not start a discussion about a poll related to caesarian birth and natural birth. Personally I would recommend to add abortion to that subject.

This thread is called 'do you drink and drive' and it is a very interesting and serious subject for me.

Mrs. Boo, I am holding a driving school instructor licence, I am driving heavy vehicles and I am riding motor-cycles since 1970 - much longer than you are in this world....

I know about the danger of alcohol, especially when combinated with PS-strong engines.....There is not much difference between Europe, Thailand and Japan in alcohol related accidents for the victims. There is no difference if the victim is a man or a woman or a child....

Do you drink and drive, Mrs. Boo?

My family knows a young woman 16 years, riding her motor-bike home in the night after going out with friends, a red signal for her at the crossing and a container-truck made her a full-idiot for lifetime in a wheel-chair.....the insurance paid only 20 percent (because of alcohol and no helmet...)

Medical treatment and aftercare for life is expensive in Japan and the insurance paid 700.000,- USD (90 million yen) = 20 percent

May I ask you, who pays the rest? The parents? The social welfare?

Funny?

"Mrs. Boo, I am holding a driving school instructor licence, I am driving heavy vehicles and I am riding motor-cycles since 1970 - much longer than you are in this world.... "

Quite a jack of all trades, our Johann, reading about all the different jobs he's had.

Mr Yohan. Sorry you've lost me (& your sense of humour again) I was replying to Begs's post about why you don't post in farang girls section. I didn't make a suggestion for another poll about childbirth, it was chanchao, you are also the one who promted my post by bringing up the farang girls section (for no reason again). I think everyone is clear on your views about women & your opinion is valid, but mine is too, even if I am a women. Apart from shutting down one thread of yours I've had very little to do with you, so why I wonder, have I become such a source of interest to you! Hmmm??? May I suggest you raise any complaints about my moderating this section with George or DrPP, as I AM a moderator on this section as well as others.

Back to the topic at hand...

With regards to drink driving, I think if you make the descision to get behind the wheel after drinking & have an accident then you must take the consequences, my only concern would be for the innocent victims of drink driving, the poor guy walking down the road & all of a sudden having a car plow into him, paralysing or killing him, these kinds of accidents have huge ripple effects with spouses, children, siblings, parents, friends all losing out. The times I have driven whilst being under the influence have only ever been in Thailand because 1) the areas I lived in had no public transport 2) either no taxis or overinflated prices that I couldn't afford 3) It is the norm & therefore a bit more acceptable to do. I am not proud of it & don't do it anymore but I am fortunate that I have never had an accident.

Regards

Boo

"Mrs. Boo, I am holding a driving school instructor licence, I am driving heavy vehicles and I am riding motor-cycles since 1970 - much longer than you are in this world.... "

Quite a jack of all trades, our Johann, reading about all the different jobs he's had.

Driving school instructor was my second job, in evening sometimes, or Saturday, Sunday....

Yes, I think, this is a very serious thread, should some people listen more and not find it so funny, they could be still in this world with us......

Stroll, I hate alcohol, just the smell makes me feeling bad....I have seen too many drunken people.... violence, accidents, alcoholics,

After they are crying like children, too late however, and I am the man with the cold heart, or the sad soul...

Funny or not, driving requires 0.0 promille alcohol in your blood....no way around...

Sorry if I got a bit off track before, for sure I take the subject seriously.

I think all agree that somebody who poses a danger while driving shouldn't be allowed to. Looking at legislation in different countries the alcohol limit at which this happens is, within a certain bandwith, a matter of disagreement.

Of course, also individual tolerances come into play. But this is often used as an excuse, we all have on occasion seen completely plastered friends claiming to be perfectly capable of driving home, and not taking no for an answer. And it is not always the young, inexperienced ones, I am afraid.

I very seldom drive.

And when I do, it is so rare that the odds are, I did not drink,...

Besides, I do not approve of the people who drink and drive.

Too dangerous.

Not for you necessarily but for others.

Collateral damage.

Meaning, you can kill people even if it is not your intention and even if nothing happens to you,...

yohan, when you come back to thailand let us take you out and loosen you up a little bit, maybe a nice stress relieving massage or maybe a blowjob :o . chill out geezer

Dave , you aren't offering to...?..nah.... :D

Must admit that I do drive after a couple of Leo's, however if I know that I'm going to have a few more then I'll ring up a tuk tuk, ie. like I did when I went into town to watch the England game the other night. 300 baht return.

Also if I am in town and get too many I will simply get a room for the night and drive home the next day. I know I'm not perfect but I try.

Also, I know that if I was going into town for a night out with Davethailand then I wouldn't touch a drop!!!

yohan, when you come back to thailand let us take you out and loosen you up a little bit, maybe a nice stress relieving massage or maybe a blowjob :o . chill out geezer

I should arrive on 14th July late evening (wife will follow one week later), so I should show up at 0100AM on 15th July in the Walking Street or Beach Road in Pattaya -

Do not worry about me, and by the way, massage or blowjob is not enough for me....

No alcohol or driving is required, as my condo is not far away.

I like a very dark skinned girl....with white panty and .... sorry I cannot continue - FemaleForumPolice is watching out....

I should arrive on 14th July late evening (wife will follow one week later), so I should show up at 0100AM on 15th July in the Walking Street or Beach Road in Pattaya -

Do not worry about me, and by the way, massage or blowjob is not enough for me....

No alcohol or driving is required, as my condo is not far away.

I like a very dark skinned girl....with white panty and .... sorry I cannot continue - FemaleForumPolice is watching out....

dark skin and white panties! i can't see a problem with that :D

you may or may know that i have a place in near walking st, when you find her pop in for a drink. :D

(non alcoholic)

When on "civilisation breaks" i never drink and drive, loads of taxi's tuk tuk's and motorbikes, no point taking the chance. Up here, usually let the missis drive, she rearley drinks, then its one or two bottles of Spy, but she's plastered!!(she does'nt drive then).

There's no real choice up here other than not drinking, no public transport, or even taxi's, but If your are driving back in the night, very little traffic as well, which makes things a bit easyer.

I'll tip a few Changs and drive my motorcy really careful. But i find it easy to

forget to drive on the left (from the US), especially at intersections. This is upcountry,

not many cars, quiet, desolate and the fine is 400bt.

I would not even think of trying this in the city areas.