1st Extension Samut Prakan "Complete"

Drew the A card again ..   today was the  due/return for my final stamp  after under consideration "Marriage / Non O " @ Samut Prakan ..   It's true what everyone says about Mondays..   got there 8:35 am  and the line for information was  25 deep and the tent already had a crowd ..  I got on line and my wife walked over to one of the officers and inquired what to do ..  they motioned me to go straight to the door ..  handed my passport to the  staff at the  door, was handed a laminated "#9" card and took a seat on the side ..  9:05 a young staffer came out called my # and handed my passport back  all stamped and done 

Checked the dates ..  exactly  365  days.    Special Thanks to Ubon Joe for all the  good info and advice ..   and if I can add anything...  Let the wife do all the talking..  lol !  

Samut Prakan office at Pak Nam is like that, it could have something to do with the fresh air from the sea breeze and being located right on the river. It's well managed, no up-tight officers, I've always been treated respectfully and efficiently.  There are few farangs using that office, so their headache is the multitude of foreign workers being processed for the big industrial sector. 

And when you're done, you can take a stroll along the river, through the market, and take a boat across to the market on the other side and the historical sites. 

Explore Samut Prakan – สถานที่ท่องเที่ยวจังหวัดสมุทรปราการ (paknam.com)

^I can assure you it didn't use to be like that. It was too busy, the office too small (used to be the left side only, right side was the post office), some officials were aggressive (one senior male in particular), but in recent years they've greatly expended and improved the office, it's now almost all female officers and most definitely during covid the whole service feels like it has improved. It's just far less stressful now than it used to be.

Parking is still rubbish though. ????

female officer at nr 1 ... always grumpy, denied to help two years in a row

I had to knock on everybody's door in THAI IMMIGRAION/GOVERNMENT/PM OFFICE/... to get the help I deserve

I had a big smile when her boss was INSTRUCTED from higher up, to help me

with exactly the same documents , that female officer at desk nr 1 denied me with a sarcastic smile before

Archived